Help with pricing??? Thinking of selling my cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can't believe I finally got up the nerve to even post this. I know I have gone crazy. Since I got two young kids it is hard to get out and wheel it. I feel bad because this thing should be wheeled.
So I would love some feedback about how much I could sell it for. I really have no idea what to price it at. Who knows I might change my mind and keep it no matter what. It would be nice to at least get an idea on what it could go for.

1988 FJ62
So here is what is has...
It was repainted about three years ago
Some minor rust on the rain gutters. I did a temporary fix. I was going to cut it out

1990 Chevy 350 TBI, (Not really sure on the mileage. It runs incredible though. best guess in between 150,000 and 200,000 if you heard it and drive it you would not believe it.) shorty headers, throttle body spacer, K&N round air filter, flowmaster, high flow cat, 3" from the cat back. Was smog legal in California, but I moved to Colorado (currently no smog check in my county)
SM465 rebuilt tranny 10 spline to t-case
NP205 T-case 32 spline front and rear output shafts, 10 spline to the tranny (I have a gasket kit because it has a very small leak and I hate leaks, just have not got to it yet)
3.70 gears for good highway speeds
Centered rear axle (cruiser mini hybrid)
SOA, Custom Shackle reversal, 35" Maxxis Bighorns new 35"BFG AT spare on the same rim as the others
custom shock mounts and shock hoops
14" travel shocks
High angle toyota double cardan joint driveshaft (balanced) at the front of t-case
Toyota Double Cardan joint driveshaft (balanced) at rear if t-case
Black Marine Carpet from front to back.
Toyota 4runner seats in the front.
Trimmed rear quarters minor damage on one side.
Custom Rock sliders under rocker panels and under rear quarters
trail gear high steer, with spherical rod ends for steering.

Few things I still had plans to do.
Electric fan from a mercury (I have the fan)
Eliminate the AC (It ran out of R134) Still is hooked up, but I have the pully)
Heater core just went out so that needs to be replaced.
I was also going to make a custom center console to make the area with the shifters look good.

It was ROTW a few weeks ago here is the link https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/212046-rotw-88chevota.html
You can also see other pics from the build in the link in my sig.

This pic does not have the blacked out grill and bumpers.

dscf0457jl8.jpg

Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:
Damn that's a nice rig.

Mo $$$$ than I've got, that's for sure.

Good luck!

That is a nice vehicle and no matter what you price it at, you are not going to get near what you put into it unless you are extremely lucky. Your statement was something to the effect that "you have some kids and did not have time to wheel the vehicle and you hated to see it not used." Is it about the money or is it that you are not using the vehicle?...these could be two different things. If (a) it is about the money (and there is no shame it that), then put it on the market, something like E-Bay with a high reserve and see what happens. If (b) it is not about the money but only that you are not using it much, you might consider a dormant cruiser period which means that you store it for a while until things change. No insurance or tag, covered and mouse proof. Kids eventually grow up, some actually dig cruisers and can be a good bonding link. You have put a lot of work into that rig and some of your soul...If you need the money by all means sell but if you feel guilty because the cruiser is not being used, park it and wait it out. It will be ready when you are.
Good Luck to You!

keep it and buy a car to daily drive you'll hate your self the second you sell it TRUST ME :crybaby:

I think it is worth about $1000.00, but I like you so I will give you $1500.00 :flipoff2:

out of all honesty I would suspect that in a good cruiser market you would be able to get over $10k for it.

The problem is gonna be to find a "good cruiser market" Yeah it's worth over $10K but your up against a buyer buying a $3K rig and doing it his/her self. You put all that in a rig and YOU are usually the only person that will appreciate the "value". AS always, check out the for sale sites on the net, SOR, LandCurisertrader.com. See what others are asking for their rigs that are set up like yours. You can also see how long each has been on the market. Seems the more stock rigs go faster.

X2+ on blocking it up and keeping it, you'll end up basically giving away all the "extras stuff" you have put in/on it.

Thanks guys. That was about what I thought, but I did not want people to think I was off my rocker for asking that much. I know I would not get all I put into it.

It's part that the kids are young, time to work on it, and part we want to by a house next year. My wife just started a business that requires little capital and has a great return. If it goes really well I'll get the daily beater for a driver and hold onto it. If it doesn't then the beast will need to go on the market. I can always get another one or build up the FJ80 down the road. I'll miss it for sure, but life is all about priorities.

keep it and put it deep cold storage

Its a pretty known fact that with the world changing, price of crude going up, world food supply is now being exceeded by global consumption it may be what you need should something bad happen.

Heck, I stuffed a HUGE amount of house insulation in the back of mine. BTW I love the color combination of your truck but for some reason like the same color with a orange or red pin strip running down the center.

The engine you have may or may not be a liability for the fuel consumption part. A diesel may be the better alternative that can also run on propane. It is your engine but with crude prices to peak at 200 dollars a barrel in 12 years will the gas engine still be around?

KEEEEEP IT!!!!!!!!!
YOU WILL REGRET SELLING IT!
besides, you will need it to keep the kids ocupied and away from the wife while shes working on her business. That way, she can be super productive.

I took my kidlettes wheeling for the first time when my oldest was 1.5 years old and my youngest that same day while 5months in my wifes tummy. They both loved it. NOW, they love windy, bumpy, shaky roads. They think its some kind of roller coaster. I love my 60!!!!!!!!! The the fun has never ceased since.:crybaby:tears of joy.

Sell it on eBay with a reserve you can live with. Money is money and if you need it, liquidate the rig. Family and your family's financial success are far more important than a cruiser in the driveway sitting idle, especially with little ones on the way. Your expenses are about to increase dramatically. When things financially stabilize and you want and can afford another 62 or even an 80, buy it and start over on the mods. You'll be able to buy one more cheaply than before this time next year, believe me.

This has always been the problem with upgrading. You'll never be able to sell it for what you put into it. You priorties are in the right place by spending more time with your kids. They're a far better investment. I just sold my 84 FJ60. It had a very clean lift job with the stock engine and a nice paint job less than a year old. The most I could get for it was $4000. Realisticly, you could see $6000. It's the hard truth since fuel is soo expensive there are progressivly less people interested in these hogs.
James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom