Help valuing a 1965 FJ45 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice survivor 45, but real market value these days is 15k to 20k . Things have slowly been coming down to a more normal value. We now know that a mint perfect 45 lpb brings 58k( jp’s perfect resto) The market should not be judged by all the dreamer 100k South American nonsense coming in to the states, or the few high dollar high auction rigs. This should stay in the family, and likely will if grams sticks to her 50k! At the end of the day it’s worth what someone is willing to pay!

Btw with another quick look of the pictures ... looks like the front marker lights had been replaced with generic truck trailer lights

The heater is aftermarket and may or may not be hooked up to the defrosters

The ashtray is from another land cruiser ... there used to be a radio cut into the dash there ... dealer usually put them under the steering wheel near your knees

The plus side is it does have the dealer radio antenna still on it

Just a quick look over the pics... Incase somebody that knows land cruisers comes over and points them out to you as not original

Maybe later I can look at the pics again ... my iPhone is glitching and I can see 1/2 your pics but need to slide the picture over ... my stupid unsmart iPhone 5 lol

Love to hear how it all works out for you... please keep us updated

Have you thought of fixing it up? And keeping it in the family

Love seeing these stay in the family ... maybe she will even give you a deal and knock off 10k to bring it to an even 40 :)
Haha yeah I’d love to keep it but nobody in our family really has the money to fix her up, I’m honestly surprised my grandma wants to sell it, it has so much sentimental value to her I think that’s why it’s valued so highly to her.

I think it’s worth 12,000-15,000.00. Looks like it has sat for a long time. My guess is it doesn’t run great, will need brake work, ect to be road worthy. Missing original carburetor.

Last edited:
Price references are only calculation aids.;)
The market regulates this.
With every restoration, the history of the car is irretrievably destroyed that´s fact.

Price references are only calculation aids.;)
The market regulates this.
With every restoration, the history of the car is irretrievably destroyed that´s fact.
BILDSCHIRMFOTO 2019-11-17 UM 12.49.57.jpeg

PS.Journal Ausgabe Juli 2019 (6 MB)

"I don't want any restoration from a purely optical point of view and without any practical benefit.
Avoid the necessity.
Intervene as much as necessary as little as possible..."
Dr. Gundula Tutt, classic car restorer

"When preserving and restoring a historic vehicle, more and more enthusiasts develop an increased awareness for original materials and the historic coherence of their collections. Especially when so called „preservation class cars“ are concerned, which have survived in more or less unrestored condition, many owners are turning their back on the concept of ”better than new“.
Material originality has become an important issue today and the loss of historic paintwork or the first interior can be seen as a de-valuation compared to a vehicle in a very original, used but well kept condition. When "conventional" treatments and repair methods are used, historic paints and other original fabrics usually will be completely removed, to rework the vehicle with modern materials. As a consequence the authentic surfaces and their unique appearance will be irretrievably lost.".....

Mrs. Tutt again.
important: The individual history of a vehicle,
At the beginning of their "lives", even serially produced cars may have left the assembly line industrially produced "clones" of a model,but because they all now have their own individual history, each one is special, and this genuine "historical dimension" cannot be copied with any technique whatsoever. It can only be preserved.

..............................and she wants them to be used and not just kept in a museum or collection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom