HELP...STUCK IN TRI-CITY OREGON!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So we started our trip from Los Angeles to Washington. In the process my rear outer bearing blew on my 1995 Fj80. Managed to find one at Napa in Winston but they didn't have the inner bearing or seal. Was forced to pull the inner bearing and seal in order to clean everything up. I noticed when the seal went back in it was way to easy. Replaced the outer bearing and race but it's leaking like crazy.
So with that said is there anyone out here in this area that has a seal and a locking ring or knows where I can get one on a Sunday. I'm currently in TRI-CITY/Winston Oregon.

20160806_200857.jpg

Maybe in Grants Pass. Paging @TOY350

I have a full front end kit. Not sure if same seals/bearings used in back. Got any part numbers?

I have a full front end kit. Not sure if same seals/bearings used in back. Got any part numbers?
Toy and I were just talking about this a minute ago. I swear I borrowed some parts
Many thanks to @DARKNESS fornyhe cheat sheet!

Front Axle Cheatsheet

If I remember correctly he axle oil seals are same front and back. But it definitely is not a reusable part.

This is what I had scratching my head. I knew toy350 had a spare kit, but when we chatted this morning after reading this he said he only had the front. Skip back a year or so ago I blew a seal in my rear axle and robbed some parts (since been replaced for his kit). I just dont recall what all we robbed other than I re-used my bearings for sure and just used some of the seals. Can't get a hold of my other buddy that helped me with the job.

Reading through some old posts I see conflicting reports if they are all the same or not.

Anyway to OP, if that doesn't work, Wheeler's Toyota in Grants Pass can get you what you need and are a decent dealership for the most part. They are maybe half hour or south of you.

Full floating rear uses the same bearings as the front on an 80 Series. I get all my information from Onur.
But the seals are different? That is more or less my confusion on what I used sometime back.

Seals are different but you could use the front seal (90311-62001) in lieu of the 90311-62002 (rear seal) if you had to in a pinch.
Thanks for the clarification :).

I just repacked my rear wheel bearings and new seals on my 96. Napa had everything. I know Napa can get parts over night.

Thanks guys for all the info. Found most of the parts at 3 different auto parts stores. Had to fab a washer with a key in it to hold the nut. We're up and running again. Headed towards Washington hopefully no more drama!

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the info. Found most of the parts at 3 different auto parts stores. Had to fab a washer with a key in it to God the nut. We're up and running again. Headed towards Washington hopefully no more drama!
:cheers: Thanks for the update.

Thanks guys for all the info. Found most of the parts at 3 different auto parts stores. Had to fab a washer with a key in it to God the nut. We're up and running again. Headed towards Washington hopefully no more drama!

Excellent news. Hope the rest of your trip is mechanically uneventful.

:steer:

This was a cool thread to read. Glad the OP is on his way safely. A collective group of minds figuring s*** out. Albeit it was a pretty boring thread to read. I expected @retrofive to say something more smart ass. I was disappointed. Do better next time @retrofive

This was a cool thread to read. Glad the OP is on his way safely. A collective group of minds figuring s*** out. Albeit it was a pretty boring thread to read. I expected @retrofive to say something more smart ass. I was disappointed. Do better next time @retrofive
It's Sunday, was just trying to help. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom