Cruiser shop in Salt Lake City (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
I'm moving to SLC soon and I'm dreading the idea of finding a new mechanic shop I like. In WA state/Seattle, we have Torfab and there's a shop called Pacific Rim Auto that I really like. Does anybody have a good shop in SLC or surrounding area for an 80 series Land Cruiser? Sounds like Mark Miller Toyota is a safe option, but it's still a dealership...

Also, for brake work, I've always taken my cars to a separate shop that specializes in brakes because it has always been cheaper than getting it done at a typical shop. I have 2mm left on my rear brake shoes so if there's a brake-specific shop separate from a regular shop, let me know.

We have many great SLC local resources, many of which we work with daily on parts needs so know they use quality stuff :D

Check out State Automotive in Midvale

I hate to speak ill of any shops because we need all the expertise and help we can get, and I know it's not an easy life wrenching for a living, but I've had, both personally and through many friends, too many bad experiences with State Automotive to recommend them. They get the job done but I don't expect attention to detail or tidy work based on my experience. I'd urge you to double check everything before you leave, and if something isn't right, hope they can get you back in quickly to get it resolved.

Further conversation can be had via DM.

I wish I had a shop in SLC to recommend.

I had good experiences with State working on my 100 back when I didn’t have space/time to wrench and had them do a lot of work for me. That was 2016-2019 though. Now I do my own work.

I’ve heard good things about Agility Customs. Join the Utah Toyota Offroad FB page and look around too

We have many great SLC local resources, many of which we work with daily on parts needs so know they use quality stuff :D

Check out State Automotive in Midvale
Cool. I'll shoot you a call if I have any questions.

I ordered a birf seal rebuild kit from you guys a couple years ago now and i've had the "Jeeps are s***" sticker on one of my quarter windows. My 80 being in Utah has always been meant to be.

Need to find a shop near Idaho Falls. Maybe I should make a separate post when I get closer to working on the beast. Goal is DIY but there might be areas I need help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom