help removing dash

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
Visit site
After removing ALL the screws that hold them to the dash from the bottom...you will need to get a small, long, thin screwdriver and locate the little metal tabs that are molded into the pads....if you just peel them off the dash, the tabs that are molded into the pads will rip out...

you will need to find these, and work the scredriver into the area next to the pin that secures them in the dash...and pry them out, very carefully. If you just tip the top of the pad a bit, you will see what I am talking about, and this *hopefully* will make sense... :)

These trim pads are held in place similar to the emblems on the fender aprons on 09/73 and later 40 series...a little stud that is held in place by a piece of spring steel in a square hole in the dash... :)

Good luck!

-Steve

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
If you can move your windshield frame forward, even just a little, it will help ALOT! Then you can see the tabs Steve described even better. I compare the hold of the pad to a fish hook, especially when it tears itself apart if you don't to it right.

Once you can see it, you will understand.

Website
www.cardomain.com
Ahh Hell Just Look Be-hind The Dash And Use A Standard Screw Driver And Pry Or Push Them Out.... If Heater Is Taken Out It Is More Eccesable, Don't Forget The Are More Clips In The Jocky Box I Think... This Take About 2min To Do :D

Visit site
My wife's thin arms and small hands work good for reaching behind those clips and rocking, squeezing, or whatever she does to make them let go. She's very useful for that.
Truth is, I couldn't say how she does it but when I need one of those pieces off I call her and she does it in a matter of less than a minute.

I call for "little hands!" and she comes running :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom