Help Pricing/Random Offer on 80-series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I have a trailer I'm selling online and I got a call from a Cruiser fan about my 80 series which is in some of the pictures, haha. I told him I hadn't thought about selling, but that I would consider it. Right now, however, I have no clue what to price it at and was looking for general help?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum/not allowed. Please delete if needed.

Basics as follows (not sure what will affect value):

1996, factory lockers (confirmed via VIN), 186k, pearl/moonglow.

Winch, ARB front, keyless, remote start, new radio/speakers/sub. Just put about $4000 into it over the last year. New: water pump, radiator, hoses, plug/wires/rotor, breaks, master cylinder, battery, y-pipe, probably more.

Issues: clear coat is coming off some of the fender flares, sun roof only partially opens (it's stuck on broken plastic, easy fix, I've just been too lazy), driver's door handle partially broken (still works), console lights out, defroster doesn't work. Trim piece or two missing. Passenger rear window comes off the track. Basic stuff like that.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you don't have a 2006 80 series truck.......

199 and 200 are right next to each other on the keyboard so I bet it was a typo

Compare yours with all of the ones in your area that are for sale. Be realistic about the condition, any buyer will see bigger issues with the little things you kind of gloss over as easy fixes. Then determine a price and decide if it’s worth it to you to let it go for that. I think the 80 series are, long past anymore depreciation.

199 and 200 are right next to each other on the keyboard so I bet it was a typo
Could it be? lol. :bang:

At any rate, yes, it's a 1996 for those wondering.

Last edited:

Don't really have any for a "sale" per se...here's a few others.

IMG_20190527_193104.jpg

MVIMG_20190526_162256.jpg

So, from searching online around here (Seattle area), I'm thinking I should start at about $11,500-12,000 maybe? Guy is a Cruiser fan, probably won't try to lowball me (but obviously I'll deal with it if it happens).

Last edited:
I'm guessing you don't have a 2006 80 series truck.......
He just might have a 2006 model year 80 series truck if it was built in Venezuela. If i remember right, they had Lic. to build the 80 series in their country, and production didn't stop until around 2006, 2007. I think due to Venezuela continued production of these trucks through 2006 to 2007 model year, is one of the big reasons why we still have a good supply of OEM parts for a truck, that in the U.S. market is well over 20 years old.

He just might have a 2006 model year 80 series truck if it was built in Venezuela. If i remember right, they had Lic. to build the 80 series in their country, and production didn't stop until around 2006, 2007. I think due to Venezuela continued production of these trucks through 2006 to 2007 model year, is one of the big reasons why we still have a good supply of OEM parts for a truck, that in the U.S. market is well over 20 years old.
Yes, I thought about that.

I also saw he is in WA.

If it is a 2006, he would not have been able to import yet, as it is not 25YO+.

I also read in his sig line that he has a 1996, so I assumed that it was a 96, but pointed out that he was asking for a 2006.

At some point, he may decide to edit his first post to correct it to a 1996. That is up to him.

At some point, he may decide to edit his first post to correct it to a 1996. That is up to him.
Already done. As well as posting explaining it was an obvious typo. Not sure why folks keep focusing on that part, lol. *shrug*

I'd list it at $15k and see where it goes from there. Nice cruiser, lockers, not modified, desirable color combo, minimal mods, not from the rust belt, etc...
I second this...
Wow. Fair enough. I'll give it a try. Not even sure I'll sell it, actually, but we'll see what he says. It's a win-win for me. He lowballs, I keep it and I'm still happy.

Let us know what happens...we're all curious!

I will!

Keep in mind - you won't get your hands on another nice one for a reasonable price anytime soon once the regret sets in.

No, no. I've already been going over and over this in my head. This Cruiser is my BABY and has been a ****ing warhorse through the worst parts of my life, period.

I've been thinking over the last few months of selling, but only because I'm in a tough money spot and could use a newer/cheaper truck of some kind. Plus, this truck deserves someone with more time and cash than I can give right now.

BUT...finding another one in the type of condition it's in? Oh boy. HIGHLY unlikely. This will be a tough decision

I will!

No, no. I've already been going over and over this in my head. This Cruiser is my BABY and has been a f***ing warhorse through the worst parts of my life, period.

I've been thinking over the last few months of selling, but only because I'm in a tough money spot and could use a newer/cheaper truck of some kind. Plus, this truck deserves someone with more time and cash than I can give right now.

BUT...finding another one in the type of condition it's in? Oh boy. HIGHLY unlikely. This will be a tough decision
It doesn't have to be finished right now either...you can hold off and + if you did get into the situation where you needed the money then I don't think finding another buyer would be an issue (later down the line) personally I'd hang onto it since maybe it will help you get through this even tougher time like it has in the past...I know that mine has been a great help providing relief during this difficult time. I cant do everything I want to it as well but I do get joy taking things apart and doing the simple/cheap maintenance items until the 💰 flow comes back...

I will!

No, no. I've already been going over and over this in my head. This Cruiser is my BABY and has been a f***ing warhorse through the worst parts of my life, period.

Then that's easy start at $25k!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom