Help needed for a newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello gents, I’m kind of a rookie when it comes to wrenching on these cruisers.. sold mine for way under priced blah blah blah. Anywho, I found another cruiser for pretty cheap. Gentleman says the motor has been swapped with an motor that isn’t stock? He also knows literally nothing about cars and had some “land cruiser guy” swap it.

Here’s some details

1992, 210k miles center diff lock.
Good old cloth interior.
Wired for towing and amp

Has plastidip on it
Dents and scratches
Runs kinda rough ( I checked the plugs and they were toasty black and worn )
Power steering seems to leak everywhere
Blows a tiny bit of black smoke out the back.
Back of one of the seats is torn ( could maybe be stitched )

I’m gonna post some pics of it, can anyone confirm what engine this is? Obvious straight 6.. says efi on it? Like I said, rookie with these. Should I be worried about the smoke etc? Know there is lots of smart dudes on here, so figured I’d check in.
AD0955E3-35F5-402B-B509-8B7B7E0BDCC2.jpeg
1088BDD2-B83D-468F-98C5-8BF8DC5E38B4.jpeg
5C86AD0E-787E-48F1-9842-71ED7E10DC54.jpeg

remove the radiator cap and check for coolant condition, pull the dip stick and exam condition of oil. Let the rig idle and look for signs of overheating, check under carriage and look for rust...That's about it for the most part.

remove the radiator cap and check for coolant condition, pull the dip stick and exam condition of oil. Let the rig idle and look for signs of overheating, check under carriage and look for rust...That's about it for the most part.
It’s low on coolant.. doesn’t smell weird though. Oil was dark but not milky. Like I said, runs real rough.. but I noticed a couple little vacuum hoses that seemed to have slipped off.. plus bad plugs for sure.

It’s low on coolant.. doesn’t smell weird though. Oil was dark but not milky. Like I said, runs real rough.. but I noticed a couple little vacuum hoses that seemed to have slipped off.. plus bad plugs for sure.
for $1500, its a great deal if all it needs is a good tune-up and base lining to get it running good again. $500 for a tune up and oil change. $1500 is just a tip of the ice burg depending on what your end goal is for the rig. Then you start doing suspension mod, axles rebuild, lockers, armors, etc. is when things start to add up real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom