Help ... need new weather stripping 1966 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sheck44

GOLD Star
Threads
Hey guys, have searched high and low and cannot find any window/glass weather stripping for all the windows in my 1966' hard top ... Lots of 71'+ but nothing earlier

Suggestions ?

Thanks
Steve

Also looking for...67 for me, but the same I believe.

I'm not aware of hardtop side window weather stripping for the older trucks. I was planning on either picking up a pair of newer side glass and using the '71 and later rubber or getting some glass cut.

The hard top openings are the same size but the glass is smaller in the older trucks.

Ok, so this leads me to my nest question ....
how different is pre 71' glass to post 71' glass and
can we confirm that post 71 glass with the newer rubber be made to fit a 1966 (older) hard top ???

Cheers
Steve

Ok, so this leads me to my nest question ....
how different is pre 71' glass to post 71' glass and
can we confirm that post 71 glass with the newer rubber be made to fit a 1966 (older) hard top ???

Cheers
Steve

I will be pulling the glass from my '67 soon, maybe tomorrow. I have a spare peice of side glass and a pair of curved glass to compare...however I'm not sure if they are '71 or later. I'll know once I compare, hopefully the size is different.

Looks like SOR has an aftermarket version. It is listed as a cut to fit solution, not sure if the oem was the same. Also requires the key peice.

I'm not aware of hardtop side window weather stripping for the older trucks. I was planning on either picking up a pair of newer side glass and using the '71 and later rubber or getting some glass cut.

The hard top openings are the same size but the glass is smaller in the older trucks.
I think that's the best way to go. You won't find the old stuff now, and there won't be any support in the future. Why bother messing with a key also.

Pulled my glass today and will compare tomorrow to see just how much size difference there is.

FYI - I have a complete set of OEM glass weather stripping for the pre '71 trucks. PM me if anyone is interested...:rofl:

Pics...

Corner glass. '67 on top and mid '70s bottom. Larger pieces have TEQ etching and smaller ones Temperlite.

Rear liftgate glass. '67 on top and mid '70s bottom. Larger piece has no etching and smaller one Temperlite.

Side glass. '67 on top and mid '70s bottom. Larger piece has TEQ etching and smaller one Temperlite.

Was surprised how much larger the corner glass is. It's very close to being the same size so the metal opening. I guess that is correct???

So if I need to replace the weatherstripping in my 67 top, I should start looking for post 71 glass? I’ve heard the long side window can use the later weatherstripping but it needs to be cut. (Per city racer website)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom