Help me pick a skid plate color (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ha! I’m fancy! And the salt will make it look funky if it’s not coated
I've had my aluminum Budbuilt skids two winters now and the salt didn't make any of them "funky". Aluminum has a natural hard oxidized layer that protects it. They're doing well so far.

If you really want to stand out..
87e48476c049ef7ff39395a408ece192.jpg

Ha! Winner

I am fully aware it isn’t needed per se, but like I mentioned in the original post, I’m doing what I can to help a small business that I’m fond of. It’s marginal $ for me and major $ for him.

The only part of my Budbuilt skids that is visible is the front most panel. The bare aluminum as good a surface as any.

This comment from the Budbuilt site puts it nicely: "Another common configuration is full aluminum skids, but for those who don't want the shinny silver look, but don't want to spend the money on full powder, you can powder coat just the Front skid plate, as that is the only one that is really noticeable."

You aren't going to see color on any other skid unless you are on the ground staring up...
I had my front skid powder coated Bronze to match the Heritage wheels and the rest I painted with an aluminum etching primed and then rattle can matte black

I’m actually leaning towards hard coat anodizing for the front skid. Kind of a cool option

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom