Help me find a M416 thread please... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A while ago I saw a thread on here about a guy who extended the lunette on his trailer by welding in longer tongue you channels. He removed the old ones, welded in new ones close to the existing locations. The fact that the bars were further apart where it mounts to the frame allowed for longer bars and therefore the lunette came forward quite a bit.

I thought I bookmarked the thread or subscribed to it. But now, for the life of me, I can't find it. Has anyone seen this?

Sent from my iPhone

A while ago I saw a thread on here about a guy who extended the lunette on his trailer by welding in longer tongue you channels. He removed the old ones, welded in new ones close to the existing locations. The fact that the bars were further apart where it mounts to the frame allowed for longer bars and therefore the lunette came forward quite a bit.

I thought I bookmarked the thread or subscribed to it. But now, for the life of me, I can't find it. Has anyone seen this?

Sent from my iPhone
this one?
M416 extended the tongue

No, that's not it. The poster use new bars of I want to say 59 inches, mounted at them in just about the same fashion as the original ones, just spread out a little bit more. That gave him a good overall extension while still being able to use the original lunette

Sent from my iPhone

@BMThiker extended his factory lunette. It's all documented in his build thread. Won't let me link the thread for some reason, but it's on the next page.

That wasn't it either guys.... Thanks for digging for me as well.

Nope. It was like a 1 page thread looking for ideas. Halfway through the page a guy posted this idea, and a few posts about it. Seemed like a good solution. Attached blueprint drafted up by me to convey the gist of the mod.

The orange lines represent the new beams. They would mount into the existing pockets with some creativity, and the bolts would be moved out on the from of the frame. Running the longer beams the lunette casting was still usable and came forward quite a bit.

416 frame 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom