Help identifying old Warn winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any ideas on what model this is just based on the pic??. I know some of the old Warn winches are pretty desirable .. trying to determine if this one is worth saving

48D1B3CD-B867-4D97-AD3F-511355E771FD.jpeg

8274s are cool. I'd refurb it and run it. Warn still supports all the parts for those old winches... they might even offer a rebuild option too.

8274, the metal controller connector helps date it. There is also a date code that can be read to help. If you end up repairing it, I highly recommend using Scott Thompson at Montana Jack's Outpost, who is Warn authorized service center. Scott has been incredibly helpful with my winch rebuilds and is very knowledgeable about 8274s.

Montana Jack’s Outpost

scott (at) montanajacks (dot) com

401 4th St. S.

Great Falls, MT 59405

406-952-4888

www.montanajacks.com

Thanks gentlemen. Any idea In cost to Send out for refurbish? I imagine shipping Cost would suck but I don’t really have time to deal with it myself

8274, the metal controller connector helps date it.

1974 - 1980. Need the date code on the housing to get more specific than that.

Thanks gentlemen. Any idea In cost to Send out for refurbish? I imagine shipping Cost would suck but I don’t really have time to deal with it myself

Look on the Warn website for an authorized service center local to you and call them. Most people do it themselves. There are piles of videos (probably the most videoed teardown winch in the history of winch teardowns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom