Help!! Brake issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is brake fluid dripping from in between the caliper an bolt!! How do I fix this?
image.jpg

Looks like you have copper washers. Should be one on each side of the banjo. Take them off and glow them with a simple gas torch. That will make them soft and supple again. But, your bolt looks mangled, maybe consider a new bolt. New seals can be alu, and they can not easily be reused.

Looks like you have copper washers. Should be one on each side of the banjo. Take them off and glow them with a simple gas torch. That will make them soft and supple again. But, your bolt looks mangled, maybe consider a new bolt. New seals can be alu, and they can not easily be reused.
Thanks!

I will, what are they called?

Called a "banjo bolt", very special bolt. You can get them at NAPA, along with new washers.

Might wanna look up the proper torque, they can be fussy. Make sure the sealing surface on the caliper is nice and flat and smooth. Even a minor defect in the surface will cause a leak and lots of mental anguish while you try to find it (been there...).

If the bolt was in good shape, yeah I've had good luck re-annealing the washers with a torch.

I would buy all new flexible hose, Banjo nut and washers. Losing brake fluid is very unsafe. Any reason the bolt was beat up? It looks like a wrong tool was used. Make sure you are using millimeter tools. Don’t forget to bleed you brakes afterward.

This might help:

I would buy all new flexible hose, Banjo nut and washers. Losing brake fluid is very unsafe. Any reason the bolt was beat up? It looks like a wrong tool was used. Make sure you are using millimeter tools. Don’t forget to bleed you brakes afterward.

This might help:
[/QUOTE lot is beat up because I couldn’t get to it with the right tool after my wreck, and thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom