Brake issue, possibly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was driving my 2004 LC up a paved mountain yesterday and in a very slight turn, it felt like the front brakes briefly engaged for about a second. The steering tightened up too but only briefly. There was also an audible alarm.

Earlier that day the vsc light was on but it went out prior to the incident.

Any ideas what might have happened?

Sounds like the VSC engaged (braked a skidding wheel, or what it thought was a skidding wheel).

ABS sensors, worn steering rack or bushings, and zero-point calibration are usual first things to check/fix.

Additional info and alternative path here: VSC OFF Button

EDIT: saw you have another thread on this from a couple months ago. Did this ever happen before the new rack was installed? Also, details about the new rack might help.

Sounds like the VSC engaged (braked a skidding wheel, or what it thought was a skidding wheel).

ABS sensors, worn steering rack or bushings, and zero-point calibration are usual first things to check/fix.

Additional info and alternative path here: VSC OFF Button

EDIT: saw you have another thread on this from a couple months ago. Did this ever happen before the new rack was installed? Also, details about the new rack might help.
Thanks for the info
No , this never happened before I got the new rack. Also, I’m not very mechanically to provide details about the replacement rack other than it is oem.

Could be coincidental with the new rack or not...

There is both a LC and LX version of the steering rack, so might be worth trying to find the part # and make sure the correct one was installed. Info here.

First thing I would do is a ZPC. More info here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom