Help with brake issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The car is a RHD Auto HDJ 100 4.2 TD from 1998 which I have owned for many years.
A few years ago I replaced the pump and accumulator and also did the piston servicing kit.

The issue is that I sometime have a brake pedal that progressively goes to the floor. Note that on the floor the car stays still. Brake system takes 35 sec to pressurise, bever had any alarm. There are no external leaks, fluid is level and apart from this issue the actual braking is fine. I am thinking there is an internal leak somewhere.

I want this dealt with. Given this is a long term truck which I really like I don’t mind spending to ensure all is well. So couple of questions :
1. Do I have to replace the whole thing or can this symptom be addressed simply ?
2. If I replace the whole thing, I really want to ensure all is brand new. What is the part number ? I am getting different references and I am lost.
I found 47050-60020 or 47050-60010 or even 47050-60053
Usual japanese websites show parts discontinued or unable to ship.

Please help !

Last edited:
I had exactly the same symptoms… installed the rebuild kit ($100) and no more slow “depressurization“ whilst at a stop pushing on the brake pedal … been about a year so far.

35 seconds is long but not too long. MIne took about 30 seconds and after installing the new OEM assembly, it takes about 22 seconds.

Check the correct part by entering the Frame/ Chassis or VIN number at partsouq.com located in Dubai. They ship worldwide and 100% reliable.

I have done the rebuild kit with no success. It is getting complicated to find the right parts for the early LC. A lot are simply no longer available.
In the end, I have ordered the whole master cylinder assembly but without the pump and accumulator. The thinking is that they have been replaced a few years ago and this is clearly an internal leak. My attempt at buying the whole assemble failed as they are only available with correct reference from Japan and Japan post won’t allow to post high pressure items (the accumulator) without some docs which aren’t available.

Will report the outcome. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom