Help a member out (HAMO) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like its too late and I'm not sure that this would be tall enough but I have an older version of this and a leveler somewhere in my shed

borrower beware of Ed's shed 😅

Not too late - I was going to pick up the one I bought on Thursday / Friday. Would be glad to "return" it and borrow this for a bit if you don't mind.

Folded up would it fit in the back of my 60 you think?

Feel free to use it! That's part of what the club is for!! I'm currently sick with a cold but I'll try to find the leveler later this week. You should probably buy a new chain for the hoist to the engine. I'm not sure where the original one is but I have a super rusty one that I found buried in my yard. It should fit in the back of the 60 all folded up.

borrower beware of Ed's shed 😅

🖕 🤣 One thing at a time...I'll get to it eventually. The roof leaks like a sieve currently

You either have to take the case off before you pull it, or after. You can not really leave it in place as the tranny holds it and the crossmember goes under the tranny I believe. Nothing but hope and prayers after that to hold it in place.

I am not sure the engine hoist Edward has is big enough to lift everything you need to clear the front of the truck and/or the weight.

engine, tranny, t-case are a little over 1000# fully dressed.

Height could be an issue on a tall truck but worth a shot. If I had to guess you'll probably need to take the tires off to lower the front. Either way you're welcome to try it

Seeking some engine pull advice and any extra hands that might want to help next weekend.

Current status: wiring harness and hoses/lines are free (mostly cleanly); radiators are off; shifters are disconnected; and I have a guy from Raleigh who wants the transmission and will take care of sending the engine off to fj80oregon. He's coming up Sunday 3/10 weather permitting.

The question I have is what are my options / requirements in separating the transmission from the transfer case? It looks like in the FSM that you'd disconnect driveshafts and pull the t'case out with the transmission. I'll need to do some tinkering inside the t'case adapter housing for the torfab kit and it may make sense to have the whole t'case out at some point, but do I need to start that way? Is there a clean way to separate and pull the transmission from where it marries to the t'case adapter housing (35015-60070 Genuine Toyota Part - https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~adapter~sub~assy~transmission~case~rear~35015-60070.html).

End result of Tor kit (if some context helps -- GM on the L and Toyota on the R of the adapter plate):

View attachment 3573631
Charles I cannot 100% to helping but let me know what time you are planning this and if I can be there I will

Height could be an issue on a tall truck but worth a shot. If I had to guess you'll probably need to take the tires off to lower the front. Either way you're welcome to try it

So just had a pow-wow with the lady who owns & rents out the house nextdoor to me. Her husband has a service truck with a big crane and pulls engines all the time. As a return favor for helping her (pregnant with twins) move furniture, he's gonna come and help me take it out either Friday afternoon or next week.

Rob now that I've read a few more sections of the FSM and poked around everything - completely get it. Going to take it out as one unit and then take the tcase off afterwards.

So just had a pow-wow with the lady who owns & rents out the house nextdoor to me. Her husband has a service truck with a big crane and pulls engines all the time. As a return favor for helping her (pregnant with twins) move furniture, he's gonna come and help me take it out either Friday afternoon or next week.

Rob now that I've read a few more sections of the FSM and poked around everything - completely get it. Going to take it out as one unit and then take the tcase off afterwards.
That works! I thought about driving this over but crane works much better.

IMG_0340.jpeg

Too many small details to go into you all now how it goes but many hours later this project is almost fully wrapped up. Thanks so much @Land Shark for making it possible by upgrading your bumper and also for the help and good times spent Saturday in the beautiful weather. Really look forward to putting this to the test at relic run. Also went with new synthetic line to reduce the overall weight gain. Steering is a little heavier but the dobinson ims shocks are holding off the body roll.
IMG_9715.jpeg
IMG_9714.jpeg

Working on changing out a U-joint and man it just feels wrong hammering the yoke and all it's taking to get the races out. Has anyone done this and can offer tips or free tomorrow after 4pm to help out? Planning to keep hammering to press all of them out and already marked the orientation.

Last edited:
Working on changing out a U-joint and man it just feels wrong hammering the yoke and all it's taking to get the races out. Has anyone done this and can offer tips or free tomorrow after 4pm to help out? Planning to keep hammering to press all of them out and already marked the orientation.
Use sockets and a vice to drive them out.

Use sockets and a vice to drive them out.
Okay thank you. I was working on that but having trouble keeping them flush bc of the taper on the yoke. I'll keep working it though I think I'll be able to get it.

Just wanted the club to know, I have nearly every front and rear pinion shim , I have majority of Sierra gear diff bearing sets with crush sleeves from cruiser outfitters, and I have all except #2 & #12 rear diff carrier shims. So if you are planning to do a re-gear there's no reason to buy all the shims ect.

20240331_165306.jpg

91E73776-FC6B-4B06-A59C-B8557B90D0C8.jpeg
@Familycamper and I spend the day in the beautiful sun working on 100’s. Rear shocks for FC. Eimkeith PHCK for LS. Also got my winch wired with new rope spooled. Brats on the grill and Banquets shared. It was a good day. At some point there is a Wizard of Oz reference here

2F1CE62C-76C7-42AF-A17F-0AB47C65C984.jpeg
EB43100C-0C27-47C8-A7C3-025717222635.jpeg

man, that bumper is purdy! I know I said I wouldn't be adding too much to mine but you got me thinking!

Sorry I missed this guys Im sure you could have used someone to drink beer and heckle :D
Let me know when you are ready...I got Alan a good price on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom