Hello and Shift/Pressure Solenoid Error Codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congrats. I feel bad "liking" a $1200 repair, but compared to the $10k the dealer randomly threw out there, this is good news.

I don't know much about automatic transmissions but it would be really cool if someone who does would disassemble the valve body and see if they can determine the actual failure involved. *cough*@bloc*cough*
Rocket did a tear down of a 200 series transmission and he talks about various failure modes. Pretty interesting to see the complexity of the internals.

His company also sells their own valve body upgrade. I know we all love the OEM stuff, but if folks can’t find the OEM part available or if they’re no longer convinced the OEM part is superior, Wholesale Automatic’s Nomad valve body could be a good option.

Last edited:
Oh man I’m sorry to hear that, bummer.

Well I guess I’ll chase down the cheapest options first and hope for the best. Start with the fluid, then investigate the valve body, and finally a remanned or used trans as a last option. Yikes I thought I had an induestructable truck up to 350k miles, I’m “only” at 216k so kinda surprised.

Or the other option and likely winner is to just baby it in the cold and keep clearing codes as they pop up since it seems to drive totally fine before and after the annoying codes.
Yeah, I thought the same thing, a Land Cruiser, right? I was "only" at 140K so it was really disappointing but she is all fixed up now (hopefully!) BTW, when the shifting symptoms and codes resurfaced in November, I cleared the codes which in the past would make the tranny shift as expected on the highway. However, the last time I cleared the codes and went back on the highway right away and the shifting issues persisted. That is when I knew I would have to deal with this problem as I need to rely on this vehicle in very remote areas far from home. I hope this works out for you. It was definitely an ordeal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom