Heater tee and hose replacement, Hose Outlet/Inlet question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. I'm new here. I just picked up a 2005 LC. My first order of business is replacing the heater tees and hoses. The hoses don't look terrible but I figure if I'm in there I'd rather make sure it's all good to go.

I've read multiple threads on the topic. I've studied the FSM and various schematics and am ready to purchase parts but I'm stuck on which outlet and inlet hoses I need. It seems that there are 2 part numbers for each of them depending on build date. One part for up to 12/2004 and the other part for 1/2005 and on. I checked my VIN at toyota and my vehicle was ordered 10/2004 and Date of First use is listed as 1/28/2005 so I'm not sure which I fall under.

The FSM diagram matches what I see under the hood. Parts drawings online don't match the FSM or vary from website to website. They don't specify the difference between the parts. I'm stuck.

Has anyone experienced this same issue? Can anyone explain the difference in the parts so I'd know what to look for? I'll post a picture of what my outlet and inlet hoses look like. Maybe someone with a 2004 or earlier LC can post a picture of their hoses to compare? Or a later 2005 model?

Thanks for helping a new guy.

I did mine at 275k miles. reused the hoses. my old hoses are still good.

Now is a good time to break yourself of obsessive compulsive behavior. A 2005 does not need new hoses. Pinch them off in case your Ts break up.

This

heater t route.jpg

It seems that there are 2 part numbers for each of them depending on build date. One part for up to 12/2004 and the other part for 1/2005 and on. I checked my VIN at toyota and my vehicle was ordered 10/2004 and Date of First use is listed as 1/28/2005 so I'm not sure which I fall under.
Your build date is on a sticker on the driver's side door jamb.

Your build date is on a sticker on the driver's side door jamb.

Thank you.

It says 10/2004, same as the order date at the toyota owners website.

If I do decide to replace I'll go with the up-to-12/2004 hoses and see how it goes.

I considered replacing my hoses (just replaced mine at 240k) and decided against it once I saw the prices. Not that it's ridiculously expensive(well it kind of is for 6 small hoses), but it was close to $200 for hoses from the dealership.

My dealership provided this .pdf diagram for my 04:

Attachments

• SideBySide.pdf
    82.9 KB · Views: 81
Interesting. I was considering replacing hoses since I can get all 6 hoses through toyota parts online and pick up at my local dealership for about 90 bucks.

Just did mine yesterday and I spent roughly $100 on all the hoses from Amazon.... I chose to replace all the hoses at the same time and I don't regret it at all. I had to cut some of my old hoses off as part of the process, as they would not budge at all. My hot side tee completely disintegrated during removal. I could have gotten away without replacing the cold side hoses, but I like having all parts on hand in case I need them!

Good Luck man!

I believe if you give your VIN the parts store or online vendor should identify the exact parts.

Just did mine yesterday and I spent roughly $100 on all the hoses from Amazon.... I chose to replace all the hoses at the same time and I don't regret it at all. I had to cut some of my old hoses off as part of the process, as they would not budge at all. My hot side tee completely disintegrated during removal. I could have gotten away without replacing the cold side hoses, but I like having all parts on hand in case I need them!

View attachment 1902306
View attachment 1902307

Good Luck man!

The hot side on mine just fell apart also. Like you... I went back with metal Tee's. Sure... the OEM will last for years...but I just feel better having the metal ones.

Heater Tee1.jpg

I went ahead and ordered hoses, metal tees and some constant torque clamps.

I was doing a wash and wax today and found rust on the passenger A pillar. I thought I had looked it over pretty thoroughly before purchase. Kind of kicking myself. Snooping around it has definitely perforated the metal of the pillar. Looks like about an inch long with some surface rust a couple inches on each side. Top, bottom and driver side of windshield look ok from what I can see. Needless to say I'm now occupied with how I'm going to fix that instead of hoses and tees.

I went ahead and ordered hoses, metal tees and some constant torque clamps.

I was doing a wash and wax today and found rust on the passenger A pillar. I thought I had looked it over pretty thoroughly before purchase. Kind of kicking myself. Snooping around it has definitely perforated the metal of the pillar. Looks like about an inch long with some surface rust a couple inches on each side. Top, bottom and driver side of windshield look ok from what I can see. Needless to say I'm now occupied with how I'm going to fix that instead of hoses and tees.

Don't be surprised then...next time you have to have your windshield replaced that you find significant rust under it as well.

I did the hose replacement. Have an occasional leak that I am trying to find. Not sure if it is the clamp(s) or not.

When you remove the hose from the metal tube that goes below the vehicle, where does that go? (It is far too cold lately to go out and yank off the skid plates!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom