Heater Hose Replacements (Source) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok it is time for me to replace all my hoses again. I would like to use the Blue ones (Silicone) this time. Where did you buy yours? I looked on Ebay and found several sources.
I would like a recommended source from someone here that bought the blue ones.

Thanks
Gman

The key to successfully using silicone hose is to use spring clamps. There are many different types of spring clamps.

I purchased the hose and clamps from Amazon. Search Amazon with the following...High Performance Silicone Heater Hose Clamps - For 5/8" ID Heater Hose x 10pc

I would like to use the Blue ones (Silicone) this time.

Junk, Does this kit have those spring loaded clamps like the
Junk,
Does this kit have the high performance clamps like MKlemp mentioned above? Just trying to get it right here. Please be patient with me.

Thanks
Gman

Why silicone? I’d read about it first.

I’ve been replacing all my blue HPS hoses back to rubber while doing other servicing, just have the three big ones left for whenever I get around to it.

996817E3-F6FA-42F2-A1CA-FDC17F18E31F.jpeg

Last edited:
"Ok it is time for me to replace all my hoses again."

Why??

Why not use Toyota hoses?

Partsouq has great prices on all rubber parts.

"Ok it is time for me to replace all my hoses again."

Why??
Because I have 435K miles on it. I replaced them all at 130K.

No, it comes with normal worm-drive clamps.
Junk, So you have use these silicone hoses? It seems that they are longer lasting, take more heat, etc than OEM. Correct ?

Have you ever taken a sharp object to a silicone hose, notice how it violently splits open like a bloated dead pig, Where a gates rubber hose takes effort to saw thru? just my 0.02 Had silicone on my 22r and the crap constantly leaked, then again I didn't have the constant clamps, then again..... I thought I could outsmart the Toyota engineers

Last edited:
I know what a rubber hose looked like when it is going bad. Do silicone have a look/feel to them when they are bad?

Junk, So you have use these silicone hoses? It seems that they are longer lasting, take more heat, etc than OEM. Correct ?
I have used them on two vehicles (old 4runner and mini truck), solely out of necessity (OEM hoses are mostly NLA for those engines), but I have not used them on a 1FZ engine.

Personally, I think the silicone hoses are inferior to OEM Toyota rubber hoses. I would always choose Toyota hoses over anything else, assuming availability was equivalent.

Ok you guys have talked me into OEM hoses. Now that C-Dan is not selling parts anymore. Who on here gives us a MUD discount with OEM parts?

IMO the Greenstripe (5/8" ID) may be a better choice for the PHH compared to the OEM hose that comes already attached on a new PHH pipe assembly.

Here's a couple places to check out for parts online. Or, ask your local dealer
(in person might be better) to see if they will give you a discount.

McGeorge Toyota parts online (Virginia)
Partsouq (UAE)

I replaced the new OEM hose on the PHH pipe assemble (new assembly) with a Gates Green Stripe and constant torque clamps, The gates is about a 1/16" or so thicker than the stock hose. Probably the only item on my 80 that I preferred aftermarket over stock. I will use gates green stripe unless the hose has a molded/curved

Does anybody have a list of coolant hoses ( part numbers)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom