Heater Hose Clamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The OEM 1/2" constant tension spring clamp (87124-60070) wont fit over the thicker 1/2" Gate Green Stripe hose no matter how sweetly I talk to it (bottom hose in pic). 15/16" from McMaster are a 6 week lead time....

Anyone got any suggestions on an OEM quality constant tension spring clamp that will work and in stock?

(I know, I know Breeze Clamps. I just don't see the need to spend $9 a pop where I don't need to. )

20220514_145338.jpg

The OEM 1/2" constant tension spring clamp (87124-60070) wont fit over the thicker 1/2" Gate Green Stripe hose no matter how sweetly I talk to it (bottom hose in pic). 15/16" from McMaster are a 6 week lead time....

Anyone got any suggestions on an OEM quality constant tension spring clamp that will work and in stock?

(I know, I know Breeze Clamps. I just don't see the need to spend $9 a pop where I don't need to. )

View attachment 3012200
There is one, but I'm not sure which location it's from.

I'll do some research to see if I can identify it.

Thanks, Fellas. 60070 is the PN I'm using. Fits fine on OEM hose. It'll go over the Gates hose but not the hose and nipple.

If everyone is using this successfully w/ Green Stripe possibly bad hose?

Thanks, Fellas. 60070 is the PN I'm using. Fits fine on OEM hose. It'll go over the Gates hose but not the hose and nipple.

If everyone is using this successfully w/ Green Stripe possibly bad hose?

Put the clamp on first over the nipple, then push the hose on. The clamp goes on from behind so that it doesn't need to pass the nipple's bubble.

...or you could just use the OEM hose.

Amazon product ASIN B005EMZTHSThese are excellent clamps, IMO as good as OEM spring clamps. Just measure your hose when it's uninstalled and also when it is sitting on top of the nipple to find out what range of clamp you need, then order accordingly. Order a couple sizes if you're unsure.

I ordered a box of every size from here so I don't have to worry about this kind of silly issue:

Good quality stuff, been running them for over a year with no problems.

...or you could just use the OEM hose.

You mean the one that only lasted ~25 years in the first place?

Why would anyone be satisfied with such a short duty-cycle? :p

Breeze clamps are like 4.60 ea if you buy 10 on amazon. Not bad for a excellent solution if you use aftermarket hoses.

The OEM style ones I linked above are 1/4 that price, like $1-2/ea depending on size. Constant tension clamps are designed to allow the hose to expand/contract, screw ones do not and eventually flare out/cut the hose.

You really do need the special tools I linked above for them, if you don't have them they are a total PITA to move and get ruined easy.

You really do need the special tools I linked above for them, if you don't have them they are a total PITA to move and get ruined easy.

I modified a pair of ordinary electricians bullnose pliers for heater hose clamps.

I used a 1mm zip disc to grind a shallow groove parallel to the end of the jaws, but 3/16" in from the end.

The groove grips the ends of the clamps really well, and hasn't impeded normal use of the pliers

That is very clever!

The nice thing about the kit ones is that they LOCK, so you can loosen the clamp and actually let go of the pliers entirely to move it around, or use additional tools. There is also one on a long cable which is very handy when there just isn't room to actuate pliers at the clamp.

I ordered a box of every size from here so I don't have to worry about this kind of silly issue:

Good quality stuff, been running them for over a year with no problems.
Sound advice.....route I'm going.

You mean the one that only lasted ~25 years in the first place?

Why would anyone be satisfied with such a short duty-cycle? :p
Always my pref. I didnt do the research but assumed If Joey didn't include the straight sections in his kit, they were NLA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom