Heated Seat Switches RX300 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys, you will also need to know the illumination wiring... White with green stripe is ground, Green is +12V.

Hoping someone can help me sort through wiring up the RX300 HI-LO Seat Heater Switches on a LX450. The elements were installed with Lseat leather covers. Electrical is not my strength and have spend hours looking for writing diagrams and treads that might explain the pinouts from the RX300 switches down to specifying purpose of each wire (6 total) coming out of the left and right switches.

I may have screwed myself with the seat heater element kit I purchase which the switch has variable adjustment. Would prefer to use the RX300 switches in dash for factory look versus ones supplied by kit cut into the console. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to connect these RX switches into this kit. The only wiring diagram details provided by the kit are in the pic.
seat switches.jpeg

Maybe put their variable thing under the seats and use the stocker to provide power to it. Then you can still adjust the heaters when stopped.

By learning a bit about resistors and getting a multimeter, you could bypass their rheostats and have the stockers give you two settings of your choice.

Hoping someone can help me sort through wiring up the RX300 HI-LO Seat Heater Switches on a LX450. The elements were installed with Lseat leather covers. Electrical is not my strength and have spend hours looking for writing diagrams and treads that might explain the pinouts from the RX300 switches down to specifying purpose of each wire (6 total) coming out of the left and right switches.

I may have screwed myself with the seat heater element kit I purchase which the switch has variable adjustment. Would prefer to use the RX300 switches in dash for factory look versus ones supplied by kit cut into the console. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to connect these RX switches into this kit. The only wiring diagram details provided by the kit are in the pic.
View attachment 2016716
Following.
Glad I stumbled upon this. I was just getting ready to order Amazon seat heaters and LSeats for my LX450. My front seats are so jacked I might take everything. Switch, wiring and seats and then get those recovered. starting the local search. Keep us posted on how this turns out for the LX without the factory plugs.

Does anyone happen to have the RX300 switch part numbers for the Hi/Lo switch?

Cheers!

I crossposted this in the other seat heat thread, but this is specific to the rx300 horizontal switches. I had used this thread and a few others to get some of my info so I figure I'd add my contribution. I was converting my vertical switches to horizonal, but you could just as easily buy the male connector and pins from Corsa-technic and make your own harness. The pinning out of the connector was hard to read via the schematic posted earlier in the thread so, again, here is how I did mine. My console is a PITA to remove due to the subwoofer, but if necessary, I can provide a pinout on the body side as well.

I don't know if this will apply or interest more than 1 or two of you on here. A couple of years ago I swapped out my seat leather with some L seat leather and put in seat heat switches that I got on ebay. My center console had been modified to be a sub box by the previous owner, so I was stuck running vertical switches in my radio bezel. They worked fine, but it was just one of those things that bugged me every time I drove it so I started looking into getting some horizontal switches from a Lexus RX300.

You can find the rx300 seat switches on ebay along with the console for around $20-50. The sellers never included a pigtail, so I decided to use the pins from my existing extended harness that I made when I plugged the JDM switches in under the seat and ran the wires up, under the console and into the radio bezel.

The vertical (jdm) switches come with a pigtail harness with a male side and square female side that plugs into the back of the switch. I had already made my coolguy extened harness and plugged it into the body harness, so I ordered a couple of 6 pin female connectors from corsa technic (6-Way Kit - https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=1360&category_id=129 ) and modified them to fit the RX300 switches. You have to trim a part on the inside of the switch and then also rotary tool / file off a small part of the top of the new corsa connector for everything to jive but the lock tab clicks and its secure. I used some flush cutters and a small file and was done in a few minutes.
20220824_123551.jpg

20220824_123617.jpg

You should know that the JDM and RX switches have a different pinout.
The JDM/ Vertical ones are as follows with the square connector
  1. Low heat
  2. ignition
  3. illumination/ bulb positive
  4. ground
  5. High heat
  6. Illumination/ bulb negative
20220824_110051.jpg

And the RX is pinned like this and with wire colors from the JDM harness
  1. Green- Bulb positive
  2. blue/ orange stripe - high seat heat
  3. blue/ black stripe- low seat heat
  4. blue/ white stripe- ignition +
  5. black/ white stripe - bulb negative
  6. white/ black - ground
20220824_120646.jpg

Once you get your wires all swip swapped around, you'll want to file down the locating tab on the top of the connector. Once thats done the switches will set in place and you can find something else to obsess over.

20220824_115548.jpg

I also have a couple sets of horizontal switches left over as well as a pair of the JDM side specific vertical switches if anyone is in need.

Corsa Technic is a great place to buy parts, but another option is the metra 71-1761. The other bigger connector also fits various dash switches from toyotas. I know it fits the hazard switch and center diff lock switch. No trimming needed

This thread has been very helpful, so I'm passing on what works for me and my Scheel-Mann seat heater and a horizontal switch from a 1999-2001 RX300.

IMG_0107.jpeg

Last edited:
I haven't looked back at this thread in ages. Thanks for the expertise!! Since starting this thread, I still have my RX300 switches sitting in my dashboard, unwired, no seat heaters installed. As many of my car projects tend to go. Very helpful research above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom