Heated Seat Switches RX300 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I spent forever trying to figure out a way to get those horizontal heated seat switches for my dashboard, when I got into a friend's 1999 Lexus RX300 and realized it had exactly what I need. I got an RX300 shifter console on Ebay for $30 and it had the switches I needed. They have a different pin-out than the JDM switches, but my 92 doesn't have the harness under the console so it doesn't matter for me. Worth it.
20180702_161558.jpg

Just picked up a Bezel with two switches in it off Ebay for $25.00

Now to figure out the wiring!!!
Glad I could help mate ✌
I would jump on over to a lexus forum for a wiring diagram of some kind/where to get the connectors. I need to do that too but it's not very high on my land cruiser list, as my cruiser is currently without a front fascia/bumper. Let me know if you find anything.

Just picked up a bezel as well. Thanks for posting this. I’ve been searching for a while.

How are you wiring to the switch’s?

Great idea, I actually need them for my RX AND my LX.

Just picked up a bezel as well. Thanks for posting this. I’ve been searching for a while.

How are you wiring to the switch’s?
I need to source the connector that would go into the back of those switches. I'm sure they're sold somewhere online new because when I wired up my JDM fog light switches, I was able to get new connectors from a Japanese retailer. You could probably find them and snip them out at a parts yard, but it would be hard because you need the ones that work with these switches and RX300s came with 3 different kind of heated seat switches. I might hop on a lexus forum sometime and see if anyone can give me a pin diagram and where to get the connectors, but like I said, not at the top of my list right now.

LOL. I had the same thought on the way home, it might be worth a trip to a u-pull-it yard.

Picked up one as well! Thanks for the tip!

Now, if someone finds that pigtail...

I am on a Lexus forum right now getting the wiring sorted out. Stay tuned,

Wow, nice find. Thanks for sharing.

my pick n pull has 3 rx300's of the right year. Going to go soon and try and snag these. Will look for extras.
Are these the exact same switches or are the pinouts different? Or is that what you're trying to figure out right now?

It appears the difference is that the 80 series switch comes with a pigtail that can be extended and plugs right into the factory harness. However, the RX300 switch might plug right into a main harness. So when you go to pull them, make sure you cut the plugs off the factory harness. Even if they do not have the switches, the plugs should be back there. If you wouldn't mind and would do me a solid, I would appreciate a pair of plugs (with several inches of wire intact) so I can wire them into my harness. Happy to send you some money for your troubles!

It appears the difference is that the 80 series switch comes with a pigtail that can be extended and plugs right into the factory harness. However, the RX300 switch might plug right into a main harness. So when you go to pull them, make sure you cut the plugs off the factory harness. Even if they do not have the switches, the plugs should be back there. If you wouldn't mind and would do me a solid, I would appreciate a pair of plugs (with several inches of wire intact) so I can wire them into my harness. Happy to send you some money for your troubles!

I'll grab whatever i can (if they're even there by the time i can make it to the scrap yard/can't tell if any of them even have heated seats).

These look like they could be re-purposed to make three position switches? ON - OFF - ON?

Hey folks - I finally found the wiring diagram after buying a couple of pigtails and switches from an RX300 today. I haven't wired it up yet but this looks like it will do the trick. Enjoy!

46308191792_3ef2783911_b.jpg

Nice find with the diagram! Has anyone been able to source the part number for the factory connector? I haven't been able to make it to a junk yard yet but hoping there's a way to avoid hunting for these given that the RX300's rarely show up in the yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom