Heat exchanger exploration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if anyone has experience with a heat exchanger plate like this:
30-Plate 3x8 Water to Water Brazed Plate Heat Exchanger, 3/4" MPT, 316L St Steel | eBay

My idea is to remove the heater under the passenger seat in my 80 and hook up one of these to the existing heater hoses. Then I would run lines with quick hose connects with mud covers over them. While camping connect one side to a hose that goes in a bucket of water and the other side to a pump and shower sprayer. Leave them capped when not in use.

I am wondering if it would warm up the water enough to have a decent shower. Seems like that would be a good spot for an exchanger once the heater is gone.

G'Day Fella's,

As TonyP states, the 30 plate H/Exchange unit, makes the shower water warm but Not Hot.

D'oh!
Homer

I have a 10 plate heat exchanger , that doest of course heat up the water instantly .
but I have made a closed ciurcuit so that the same water will get warmed up at every cycle -
I can do this while driving , and heat up 35 L , to the temperature I like .
this system acts also as a extra cooler for the motor .

Bye Renago

I'm using a 20 plate exchanger and if the motor is hot then the water gets too hot quick. I have to let it cool a bit before using. After a day of trail rides or getting to camp, by the time we set up the shower, etc. the water is perfect.

IMG_3116.JPG

My original lusted for one was here, but out of production now

[ATTACH type="full" alt="1897215"]1897215[/ATTACH]/[img]

[B]R&M SPECIALTY PRODUCTS" vehicle mounted camping shower system.[/B]

https://www.hotcampshowers.com/vehicle_mounted_shower

Attachments

• 1549321089007.png
    1549321089007.png
    394.6 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom