Headlights- post up your pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for different headlight options for a 97. Looking for examples..

LED
HID
Depo housing
Ebay housing (one piece)
Stock housing with led bulbs etc.

Ebay one piece:

uoRtk_djvNmH3fkG5YbdTdaEVASYyqSLuqesyxMBlzxH8U5urP2BT7KZCoZ0bq6XGUFH3iXZLfGsyMZH0cEDdEsj3d0CUC9WQk0XTDBZV3aGFy7PsKCfi3hYVoAhm7gJihqrqJl6zg_PrWwZ4wa2rew48cZSwHtUzlIYvdw65NbBCvYUr316Td_ZdpcvjSH0ty_QSJJdxwW2NoRF4fbCnttwQ4I-CSL86qNMWstmZeC63Xd6kJd90mXYSN1f3hGivXY_rX6oVKOy5p2tLPeqHIwjU04bzNZCoVnRLHepnQEAfHs97ButV96AsOzU0pfxD4eeuLE1ns4hgtkycVyG3AmctzgqbzIRnSyFvP6yfz-CJAf5e9ZyQwEyrv24J2JLixkEchtKUr3zkzSqffe6SUVQgbeV2F2TduO7N1gUImZ2p5AXILZVr8Weh6lEENJlGT3cKRfd8dMI7SDFBE-TnyI2gTQjcjErPDHHsdUiqGrzT_WSIiWwbBSgPgrQo3_g0MC-SK0mZ62FkSuWMbFOlx0SOoLkvQborhcyCkaO3QAMlaxz5rmfQTTD9ppoZRBXslXrpZrB42FgmHQgjlsVXE_8Ept8bwVE5AiCQL2O=w1360-h1022-no

What is your desire? Is it looks? Do you feel the light output is inadequate? And how much are you willing to spend?

What is your desire? Is it looks? Do you feel the light output is inadequate? And how much are you willing to spend?

Light output
Looks
Not sure

depos and yes the passenger has red dirt in it still.
DSCN6307.JPG

DEPO with HID projector conversion on low beams, one of my favorite mods on the truck.

IMG_0844.JPG

I went with the Slee harness and 9011 bulbs in all four locations. Major improvement over stock and the bulbs were around $10 each from rock auto. I live in a rural area with zero street lights, lots of trees and have to say it was the best mod I've done thus far.

As for longevity I run my low beams day and night and its been 6+ months with no issues.

It's hard to beat the longevity and clarity of the glass vs. plastic aftermarket.
I took a rock to one of my glass original headlights. still works, but looking for a replacement.
for a stock headlight, especially a 20 year old one, the performance is really good.
I would do a bulb upgrade over a complete replacement unit.

It's hard to beat the longevity and clarity of the glass vs. plastic aftermarket.
I took a rock to one of my glass original headlights. still works, but looking for a replacement.
for a stock headlight, especially a 20 year old one, the performance is really good.
I would do a bulb upgrade over a complete replacement unit.

Depos are glass.

I replaced mine because of a rock through the glass.

The stock housings with HIR bulbs worked alright. Great high beams, lows weren't all that.

I know everyone knocks the one piece ebay specials, but the light output and distribution on the low beams are far better than stock. Highs seem inferior to stock. The one piece housings themselves are much better made than I anticipated, the adjusters actually work, though you have to remove the housing, adjust, reinstall, rinse and repeat. They will require some wire adaptation since the plug appears to be intended for a quad light replacement.

Great high beams, lows weren't all that.

You can use the 9011 in the low beams too for more light. I've never been flashed by others.

And Rock Auto has the Wagner 9011 HIR bulbs on sale now for something like $7 each. These are just reboxed Philips. IMHO, no brainer.

Last edited:
Lots of good information here and the pictures really help.

Sounds like the way to go is depos with the projector retrofit. I really don't want to spend a grand on headlights and I want to be able to have replacements readily available.

What about depos with LED bulbs and no projector? Has anyone tried this?

Give me a few days and I'll post up some results.. Just finished putting my Depo's back together, plan to run LED bulbs in them... We'll see how it works out..

IMG_5394.JPG

Putting LED bulbs into an assembly that isn't designed for them produces poor lighting. The LED bulb does not produce the same light pattern as the halogen bulb and so the reflector does not produce and even output. Stray light, uneven pattern. Some people like that I guess because it sure seems popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom