headers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know the brand of my headers,its came with my 76..but they run all the tube inside the chassis.
P1030707.jpg
P1030705.jpg
P1030706.jpg

MAF ceramic

Put on the MAF ceramic headers this last summer. very happy with the fit and also installed their matching muffler and tailpipe. The 2 1/2 inch pipes all the way to the back and the way the pipes fit up high under the body is great. really improved the power. the only drawback that I noticed was with larger tires the end of the tailpipe takes a little tweeking for clearance.

The header I sell IS THE DOWNEY HEADER. I think I've even said that on the website. Best one out there IMO. I've run one for almost 20 years now. NEVER had a clearance issue with one.

Best

Mark A.

I've had a few headers over the years...I'm running Downey headers now, like them the best so far.

The header I sell IS THE DOWNEY HEADER. I think I've even said that on the website. Best one out there IMO. I've run one for almost 20 years now. NEVER had a clearance issue with one.

Best

Mark A.

...What he said...

(a) The Downeys are available in chrome or ceramic.
(b) Headers give a better mpg gain than hp gain.
(c) I don't think the average working Joe could afford a fully tuned Header. My guess is they would cost $1,000-plus!!!

You do have to grind some of the intake manifold away but it doesn't effect it.

Hey Marshall, can you elaborate on the grinding. I have a set of manifolds on the way :)

The casting where the old exhast manifold bolted to the intake has to be ground down a little on the engine side. It might take you 5 min to do with a grinder. It's not much. And it's just the corners. Non of what you grind off will effect the intake performance As it was the section where the exhaust normal bolted to it.

DSC00351.JPG

DSC00352.JPG

DSC00353.JPG

DSC00355.JPG

Thanks so much for the super quick response and great pics! Hope to see you on some rides soon - Can't wait for OBX!

I have a newer pair of the cheaper MAF headers. Bought them because of a very dead exhaust manifold. I had some oil pressure regulator clearance issues on an F engine, but otherwise they are fine. The collector flange is still a joke, but I've got it were it no longer needs re torqueing of the bolts. The newer style head flange is pretty quality.

They gave me a noticeable increase in power, but only at the +2500 rpm zone. They really seemed to knock off a very small amount of low rpm torque though. I have 2.25" exhaust with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom