head lights went out tonight. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i was running around town tonight and noticed when I would hit bumps my head lights would start to fade in and out. I went inside a store later in the night and when I got back into the Cruiser the head lights wouldn't turn on. My blinkers work and the instrument light works as well. had to drive home in the dark with my hazard lights on. Wasn't a good feeling. I don't know what broke.

sounds like a bad ground to me.

No foot button. Waas working fine then all of a sudden no lights.

Did you blow a fuse?

If not, it is a bad connection somewhere between the fuse block and ground. I would guess the switch and the ground in that order. Does it work on high beams?

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me...I changed my headlight switch, cleaned my fuse box, rebuilt my foot switch and still nothing. After it was all said and done it turned out to be the license plate light wire was grounding out on the tail gate.

When I've had this problem in the past it was due to a poor connection between the fuse and fuse block, or the wiring harness and fuse block.

happened to me the other day, the headlight fuse was pushed to far in on one side (also hand a good amount of dirt build up so cleaned it off) put the fuse back in works fine now
now iv got to figure out which fuse is keeping my dash from lighting on....
good luck w/it

(ALSO! had a similar thing happen in my old wrangler turned out that both headlights went bad @ the same time b4 you buy a bunch of expensive switches check to see if yr getting power to the lights)

mine did that a year ago. turn out it was the connection on the back of the fuse block. it was getting hot and melting the plastic holder so fix it up with new connectors and no more problems.

X2 on the fuse. My running lights would work intermittently. I did a search and someone had a fuse problem.
Try pulling the fuse. Replace the fuse with a fresh one just to be sure and clean the contacts. Even if it does not solve the problem you did something good for the truck.

Same thing happened to me...I changed my headlight switch, cleaned my fuse box, rebuilt my foot switch and still nothing. After it was all said and done it turned out to be the license plate light wire was grounding out on the tail gate.

x2 here, took me forever to find the short.

Headlights run on a different circuit than the running lights. They have a seperate fuse also. I would look at the fuse block first and then hi low switch.

I bought a new headlight switch from the dealership. Installed this and my lights still didn't work. I checked all the wires. Still nothing. I removed my fuse block. I used a small file and filed all the metal connecters. My lights worked ever since.. corrosion I guess. I wish I would have tried that before buying the new light switch. They are not cheap...Best of luck..

encountered same problem Oct'08 last year. Found out "open" due to oxidize wire joints on supply line to right head lamps.

regards,
helimanBD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom