HDJ81 factory key fob programming

I was able to track down a spare key fob for my JDM Land Cruiser. The instructions I received with it are in Japanese and don't translate well. Anyone have one of these and know how to pair it?

Any idea what the "driver side courtesy switch" is?

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

Last edited:
I've figured it out! Seems like this factory remote system is uncommon and not at all the same as what was sold in the US. I could not find any information on this system on the internet.

The "courtesy switch" is the switch that lets the vehicle know the door is closed. You just have press that switch 6 times, which causes the locks to switch a few times, letting you know you're in the programming mode.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future who imports one of theses JDM 80's. The part number for the keyfob is 08192-00200.

Were there specific years that this worked with? I've got a 94 HDJ81 and just brought it back from Japan!

I have this same factory fob and security system. Rather than find another fob (I have mine and it works, but the case is broken and held together with tape), I'd almost rather remove the whole system and install my own simple system. Does anyone have any info on removing the whole system - getting away from the chipped keys, immobilizer, etc and starting plain vanilla?

I have this same factory fob and security system. Rather than find another fob (I have mine and it works, but the case is broken and held together with tape), I'd almost rather remove the whole system and install my own simple system. Does anyone have any info on removing the whole system - getting away from the chipped keys, immobilizer, etc and starting plain vanilla?
No chipped keys, immobilizer (unless aftermarket) or anything like that in an HDJ81. I installed a viper 412V, lets me lock/unlock doors as well as turn on my Webasto. Wasn't interested in remote starting so the system is perfect for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom