Hazard Lights

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by ScarboDP, Apr 16, 2003.

1. ScarboDP

ScarboDP

Ok, so I've got a power wire that is marked hazard lights, I tried to connect it to a standard push pull switch and grounded it but nothing happens when I pull the switch. In the wiring diagram there are alot of wires going into the switch, what wires do I need to hook up and is there a special switch or can i use a standard SPST rocker switch. Thanks guys for all the help.

2. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    You need a hazard switch, I'll send you one for the postage, if you want.
    Ed Long
    email me direct

3. ScarboDP

ScarboDP

Thanks degnol but I already have my old hazard warning switch. I am rewiring my FJ40 using a wiring harness from JTOutfitters and there is a supplied power wire that is marked hazard lights. Since that doesn't work I don't know what wires to run where. There is a flasher installed on the fuseblock so I know that's taken care of but I cannot find out what wires to run to the hazard light in addition to a standard ground and the supplied power wire. But, couldn't I run all the wires to a spliceblock and then run one power wire from the splice block to a SPST rocker switch, and of course ground the swtich??? Thanks again guys for all the help I don't know what I would do without it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.