Hazard Switch (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! Im hoping if anyone knows if there is an aftermarket hazard switch for a 78 FJ40. I’ve looked around in the internet but I can’t afford 300 for a switch? Also, could I just switch out a headlight switch to use as a hazard light switch?

Looks like a standard 3pdt switch can work, the hard part is finding the waffle plug for the harness.

1683928645354.png

1683928735520.png

Hello! Im hoping if anyone knows if there is an aftermarket hazard switch for a 78 FJ40. I’ve looked around in the internet but I can’t afford 300 for a switch? Also, could I just switch out a headlight switch to use as a hazard light switch?

among other Niche trade crafts i like to perfect anything vintage TOYOTA , pull switches are a Professional Level Service , yet elegant topic too

if your seeing only a glass half empty all over the 300 # ?

then we have not crossed paths till now ..:popcorn:

HAZARD.jpg
download (4).jpg
DSCN4701.JPG
switches.jpg
7869FC04-68AA-4A3E-B2D8-A9FD59E8D0823 - Copy1 - Copy.png

Last edited:
Looks like a standard 3pdt switch can work, the hard part is finding the waffle plug for the harness.

View attachment 3321252

View attachment 3321253
Thanks! The previous owner put in a painless harness so I don’t have the

View attachment 3321252

View attachment 3321253Thank You! I’ll have do go that route I don’t have a switch. The previous owner removed it and put in an aftermarket blinker/hazard combo on the steering column

Thanks! The previous owner put in a painless harness so I don’t have the

IF you have a Painless Harness ?

then i have a GOOD Hazard switch for you ,

includes the Harness side connector plug u will Need also

PM me please

thanks

matt

I just fitted a 4pdt toggle switch to do this. I used the 4th pole to switch on an led beacon also - the chance of breaking down and needing these is quite high!
Total cost about 10 bucks.

the man said he can't afford 300 for a switch :meh:

he did not say he was homeless living out of his 6/78 USA-SPEC. FJ40LV-KCJA and down to his last 10 Imperial Credits too .....:rolleyes:

anyway ...

this is a unique NON-USA FAR-AWAY Single Pole / Single Throw Super Heavy Duty HAZARD Switch , Saudi Spec. Region Destination market and its matching numbers

OEM knob , indicative to ONLY that region , due to the DOUBLE USE of 2 differiert International language logos knob , YELLOW CAUTION TRANGLE and the more common little red car blinKie blinkie KOITo font and Rear Lamps ...

and NO , it's not even close to the 300# so please do not ask , this TECH , PM format rules apply on that topic as usual .....

- ok , my friend here is your full function BENCH tested just now , PAINLESS Wire harness compatible HAZARD WARNING SWITCH , SUB. ASSY

/

AAFB7432-93CC-45DC-938B-AC75E79B845A.jpeg
65996C0E-1D88-403B-BCD6-83DE9258746D.jpeg
D8CBC6F2-B25F-4380-8E69-73D5DA4B4BCA.jpeg
35F078F7-9F5D-441F-A97B-9B777227BB7E.jpeg

7F02FE45-FA90-4909-A2C7-E3F3CBAD63B3.jpeg

Last edited:
anyway ...

this is a unique NON-USA FAR-AWAY Single Pole / Single Throw Super Heavy Duty HAZARD Switch , Saudi Spec. Region Destination market and its matching numbers
A single pole single throw switch clearly won't do the job. As seen above in engineer8000s post, there are three poles. One is double throw, and the other two are single throw.
Are you sure you tested all poles of this switch Matt? ;)

A single pole single throw switch clearly won't do the job. As seen above in engineer8000s post, there are three poles. One is double throw, and the other two are single throw.
Are you sure you tested all poles of this switch Matt? ;)

i would conclude that @Engineer8000 was going over the factory ( 9-WIRE FJ40 1978 ) ( 10-wire FJ55 ) HAZARD Switch's FULL FUNCTIONs if installed in a actual stock original 1978 FJ40 wire harness ...

- our friends here we are all trying to help @pdjohns101 has a new PAINLESS brand Aftermarket full vehicle wire harness going on here ..

- we are talking a base line GM themed bare bones simple , YET NOT Toyota in any way when it comes to a HAZARD switch circuit ,

- the differences are so black and white , the entire concept of using a EZ brand , or painless KIT so called Land Cruiser specialty application , makes me very very Nauseas inside as we speak , and i feel tonight's dinner working up my to y Tonsils now to 🤢

- these generic GM base kits are meant for a boat or a 1987 PONTIAC GRAD PRIX 2+2 G-body special edition

- ( only 1500 units produced :grinpimp: ) so Pontiac could meet NASCARS strict production vesical rules fans could follow and relate to :

- more on why i know all this NON-TOYOTA TECH, this dam-deep later , this will get interesting i promise you :popcorn:

-

p-18183-FJ40_HEADLIGHT_S_4f7901c04b352.png

Did you ever find a switch? I have a spare, but I'm not sure if it fits a '78. Mine is for my '75. Looks like the one from Toyota Matt above...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom