have a look at this Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i was driving out on the highway today and found this in the parking lot. it is a LHD, Diesel, and probably from Austria(sticker on the truck) ??? any idea what model of truck this is!! i never got a chance to meet the owner...

SWEET unit!!
HZJ79 would be my guess...
i have a really beat up one like that in my back yard...
cheers

crushers said:
SWEET unit!!
HZJ79 would be my guess...
i have a really beat up one like that in my back yard...
cheers

Yep HZJ79. you can tell the difference from the 75 by the unhinged windscreen and the doors are interchangeable with a troopy.
The 75 cab chassis and troopy had different doors
The cab is also 50 mm wider and 50mm or 100mm longer than a 75 series.

I think its also the 1st LHD Ive seen with the OEM wing mirrors

The paint is "jungle green "and is the colour I want to do my 73 series.:D

European fender side marker. . .

More pics please!!!

Dave

Also it's post-98 as it has the five lug wheels.

beanz2 said:
European fender side marker. . .

More pics please!!!

Dave

I never noticed them before.
The oz spec have a lower,smaller side marker so the OEM snorkel will fit:D

crushers said:
i want those rims, Toyota here will not gt them for me... the buggers...
cheers

Try oz ebay. I saw some 5 luggers there in the last 48 hrs but you need 6 luggers dont you?

i amazed with what you guys know about these trucks. I've come to the right place to learn all there is to these LC.
Here is another shot.

shots

they should be...

roscoFJ73 said:
Try oz ebay. I saw some 5 luggers there in the last 48 hrs but you need 6 luggers dont you?
nah, i got me a 2000 HZJ79 that i want to get up and running. i want a set of non-split 16" rim that will fit this truck. they make 2 different sizes, one 6.5 wide and the other 8 " wide.
i have the part numbers and Toyota is looking into it but i am holding my breath...
Shipping a set of rims from Oz will cost a fortune, no?
cheers

I think it's a german Cruiser, because of the car number. NEA is "Neustadt an der Aisch", germany. There is no NEA on austrian car numbers.

But this 79 looks ugly ...

this one looks better:
desert1.jpg

or maybe this one (with a "better" paint job it looks like a smurf):
hochdach1.jpg

have a nice day

I completely agree, the one you posted looks VERY nice. I just don't see many of those here in Canada.
I tried to post more pics of it but i can't them to appear for some reason. Is there a limit per post? i see 87k for each pic?

Swixtt, was the truck that's in the 1st picture in Canada? I thought the 79's didn't come out until 1998? How could it be in Canada?

yes, i believe they just had it shipped over from Europe and are doing the North American thing??...i just thought it was cool, so i took a shot of it. I didn't really know what model it was but i do now!! I wish i could have spoken to the owner to find out more!

i think if i saw that truck i think i would have camped out right beside it till the owner came out in hopes that he spoke english.
;^)
i would love to see that camper...

aamiggia said:
Swixtt, was the truck that's in the 1st picture in Canada? I thought the 79's didn't come out until 1998? How could it be in Canada?

This time of year there will be lots of German 70 series rigs on the Alaska highway. I've seen tourbuses that have been shipped over for one tour. Europeans have a thing about bringing their own rigs for the journey. North Americans are more apt to rent a vehicle locally. Where in Canada did you see this one Swixtt?

This was at Fort Steele, just outside Cranbrook, BC.

Wayne, you just may see it over your way!!hhaaa You can't miss it!
Toyota Landcruiser 3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom