have a look at this Diesel

swixtt

i was driving out on the highway today and found this in the parking lot. it is a LHD, Diesel, and probably from Austria(sticker on the truck) ??? any idea what model of truck this is!! i never got a chance to meet the owner...

crushers

post ho

SWEET unit!!
HZJ79 would be my guess...
i have a really beat up one like that in my back yard...
cheers

roscoFJ73

crushers said:
SWEET unit!!
HZJ79 would be my guess...
i have a really beat up one like that in my back yard...
cheers
Yep HZJ79. you can tell the difference from the 75 by the unhinged windscreen and the doors are interchangeable with a troopy.
The 75 cab chassis and troopy had different doors
The cab is also 50 mm wider and 50mm or 100mm longer than a 75 series.

I think its also the 1st LHD Ive seen with the OEM wing mirrors

The paint is "jungle green "and is the colour I want to do my 73 series.:D

swixtt

i amazed with what you guys know about these trucks. I've come to the right place to learn all there is to these LC.
Here is another shot.

crushers

post ho

roscoFJ73 said:
Try oz ebay. I saw some 5 luggers there in the last 48 hrs but you need 6 luggers dont you?
nah, i got me a 2000 HZJ79 that i want to get up and running. i want a set of non-split 16" rim that will fit this truck. they make 2 different sizes, one 6.5 wide and the other 8 " wide.
i have the part numbers and Toyota is looking into it but i am holding my breath...
Shipping a set of rims from Oz will cost a fortune, no?
cheers

Tonito

I think it's a german Cruiser, because of the car number. NEA is "Neustadt an der Aisch", germany. There is no NEA on austrian car numbers.

But this 79 looks ugly ...

this one looks better:

or maybe this one (with a "better" paint job it looks like a smurf):

have a nice day

swixtt

I completely agree, the one you posted looks VERY nice. I just don't see many of those here in Canada.
I tried to post more pics of it but i can't them to appear for some reason. Is there a limit per post? i see 87k for each pic?

Swixtt, was the truck that's in the 1st picture in Canada? I thought the 79's didn't come out until 1998? How could it be in Canada?

swixtt

yes, i believe they just had it shipped over from Europe and are doing the North American thing??...i just thought it was cool, so i took a shot of it. I didn't really know what model it was but i do now!! I wish i could have spoken to the owner to find out more!

crushers

post ho

i think if i saw that truck i think i would have camped out right beside it till the owner came out in hopes that he spoke english.
;^)
i would love to see that camper...

lowenbrau

SILVER Star

aamiggia said:
Swixtt, was the truck that's in the 1st picture in Canada? I thought the 79's didn't come out until 1998? How could it be in Canada?
This time of year there will be lots of German 70 series rigs on the Alaska highway. I've seen tourbuses that have been shipped over for one tour. Europeans have a thing about bringing their own rigs for the journey. North Americans are more apt to rent a vehicle locally. Where in Canada did you see this one Swixtt?

swixtt

This was at Fort Steele, just outside Cranbrook, BC.

Wayne, you just may see it over your way!!hhaaa You can't miss it!
Toyota Landcruiser 3.jpg

Top Bottom