Has anyone bought the turn signal/wiper stalk decal set on ebay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
eurasiaoverland.com
I have a indicator/wiper stalk assembly with the graphics mostly worn off. I am looking at this kit on ebay (I am RHD but there are LHD versions as well):

I actually bought this set back in 2020 and what arrived was not correct in terms of size or design. The seller gave me a no-fuss refund so no hard feelings there. What I see on the listing now looks correct and using the staple for size comparison with what I received last time, the size looks to have been scaled down and may be correct, and the design certainly looks right.

If someone has bought and used this set (LHD or RHD), I would appreciate knowing if it fitted properly. I'm also interested in how the graphics have lasted.

Thanks

EO

Still waiting on the IMS front shocks, I was told by Dobinsons Direct they’re going to be in the US this week then orders will ship out so hopefully soon! I’ve pieced together a few other parts for my suspension overhaul, including some front/rear extended sway bar end links from Cruiser Outfitters and a pair of center bolt spacers for the rear springs from ManAFre.

I’ve read a lot on the forum about whether or not to keep the factory rear spring rubber isolators and metal cover, honestly it seems to be a gray area. I talked to Jason and several other shops and all recommended eliminating the factory setup with aftermarket rear springs and going metal to metal (leaf spring directly in contact with rear axle). With the thicker aftermarket leaf pack the factory metal cover doesn’t seat fully so the u-bolt nuts are tightening down on rubber only and that doesn’t sound to be ideal to me.

While I’ve been waiting on the rest of my suspension parts to come in I’ve knocked out a fun interior project and updated all my turn signal and wiper stalk decals with a lot of help from @63FST. This project was a bit tedious but the end result is awesome, my decals were almost completely worn off and now my stalks look brand new. I did cover all decals with SEM clear coat so hopefully they’ll look good for years to come! Mo was awesome to work with, I’d highly recommend reaching out to him if any of your interior decals, emblems, etc need to be refreshed.

View attachment 3295737
I started with the rear heater decal, that project went great so I stepped up the difficulty and replaced all the wiper stalk decals. These decals are very fragile and the install is technique sensitive, Mo was great to work with and made sure I was happy with the end product. I think it turned out great, holding up well so far with the clear coat on top.

Last edited:
Mo makes great stuff. I have bought multiple products from him and communication is excellent. They are fragile!

I started with the rear heater decal, that project went great so I stepped up the difficulty and replaced all the wiper stalk decals. These decals are very fragile and the install is technique sensitive, Mo was great to work with and made sure I was happy with the end product. I think it turned out great, holding up well so far with the clear coat on top.

Great to hear. I have a rear fog light decal which is due to go on a re-purposed rear defog switch.

So did you buy the FJ62 light/wiper stalk kit and find it to be a perfect fit?

Thanks

I used these on my wiper switches, cruise stalk, and we actually designed the fist check engine light for ls swaps using these decals. They are all oem toyota embelems and fonts and are measured by calipers down to the 0.00mm... I know this because i measured a lot of them for him haha

Great to hear. I have a rear fog light decal which is due to go on a re-purposed rear defog switch.

So did you buy the FJ62 light/wiper stalk kit and find it to be a perfect fit?

Thanks
I bought it from him directly thru Mud, not sure if there are any differences between the kits but what he sent me was perfect. Not sure if the first pic showed up but I’ll repost it.

IMG_4514.jpeg

I bought it from him directly thru Mud, not sure if there are any differences between the kits but what he sent me was perfect. Not sure if the first pic showed up but I’ll repost it.

View attachment 3331103
I have seen this guys before selling.....does he have a website or a thread to purchase from?? mine are mostly rubbed clean off

Thanks for all of the positive comments here -- These decals are certainly made correctly but take a bit of practice and patience to get absolutely right.

The kits themselves are great -- just takes a steady hand and a bit more time/practice than one would expect.

All said, it is an excellent detail to upgrade your interior & I do appreciate the passionate owners who have purchased a decal in the past.

-Mo

Search some of 63FST threads for tips and techniques for a proper install and top coat protection.

I am working on this exact project right now, and 63FST has been very helpful. I just got mine painted with base coat, and am trying to find some uninterrupted time to do the decals.

Thanks all for sharing reviews and experiences.

I came across this thread with a bit of searching:

It seems that the decal set has been totally updated and the results look great - I just ordered myself a set and look forward to applying them. As a bonus, I have the old set to use for practice.

EO

... take a bit of practice and patience to get absolutely right.

...just takes a steady hand and a bit more time/practice than one would expect.
These are exact reasons my stickers have been in the "To Do" pile for > 1 year. I fear messing it up and being stuck looking at it forever.

Do you still offer the "mail me your stalk assembly and I'll send back with stickers installed"? Paying for patience and practice is often cheaper than attaining it.

I have installed like a ton of these and i still order mutiples because i still mess them up all the time. Ive got shaky hands

if they get misaligned can you easily peel them off and start again, or does one have to go through the whole brake fluid/sanding/painting again?

if they get misaligned can you easily peel them off and start again, or does one have to go through the whole brake fluid/sanding/painting again?
once theyre on, theyre on. Think of them as ink with adhesive behind them. I dont use brake fluid I just sand with 1000 grit to get the old letters off and any scratches, clean with alcohol, dry, lay down the decals, then spray with SEM clearcoat

These are exact reasons my stickers have been in the "To Do" pile for > 1 year. I fear messing it up and being stuck looking at it forever.

Do you still offer the "mail me your stalk assembly and I'll send back with stickers installed"? Paying for patience and practice is often cheaper than attaining it.
Yes :)

You can include a return mailing label in your package and these are the cost for a stalk that requires no extra work

1) $55 (with your own kit)
2) $80 (I provide decals)

We can discuss via PM if you choose this route -- I have done it a few times with excellent results.

-Mo

I have installed like a ton of these and i still order mutiples because i still mess them up all the time. Ive got shaky hands
You may be an expert now.....The decal kit + surface also help with success -- the 'curved' Toyota stalk is a bit more difficult but with practice the entire process is satisfying to get done right.

-Mo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom