Hardtop and doors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Soo poor college student right now with my factory soft top cruiser that came with a hard top. Don't need the hardtop or really want it right now. It's a corrugated style with the bi-fold rear lift hatch. The fiberglass cap has a sunroof put into it in the rear it's a "tiny one". Also have complete doors from the 1963 style with the weird window setup that you pull up. This is not the kind of setup you just slap on ur cruiser and call good unless you are like that. It needs work and will look great on a older cruiser when it's done. I'm not sure what to ask on it becasue it is rare but then again it's in not so great shape. I would appreciate any help given and i'll be posting pics in the next few days.Thanks eveyone,-Joe

If it will help, I've seen prices range all over the board. Last year someone here could barely give a whole corrugated top, sides, and back bi-fold, away for $125 or $150, and then I've seen people asking in the retarded high hundreds for the same thing...wonder if they end up selling.

A few people here know I am looking for a nicer top for my '64, but unless you know a way to ship it up to Albany NY for a reasonable price, I am going to have to pass.

Hope someone who is restoring an old cruiser can pick this up for a real restoration...and not just because they need a top.

014rw9.jpg

I know it's not in the best of shape but if someone were to take the time into a project like this they could have a rare piece of Toyota. If anyone wanted to see it that's fine shoot an offer whatever. Top and doors are located in Morro Bay California right outside of San Luis Obispo "maybe" I could drive it all back home come the end of May but that would be only if it were sold. "Home" would be the Bay Area...

Thanks everyone,

-Joe

Let's get this moved to the for sale section maybe...And say 1500 OBO for everything. I know it's a crazy price but start high work low you can never go higher.

Thanks everyone,

-Joe

Last edited:
I notice that the front door post area of the top is cut out higher than usual?
Is this for certain years only?, and Do you have to have the doors with the sliding glass to fit the top or will doors from a 74 and older rig work with this top?
Anyone?

I notice that the front door post area of the top is cut out higher than usual?
Is this for certain years only?, and Do you have to have the doors with the sliding glass to fit the top or will doors from a 74 and older rig work with this top?
Anyone?

If I'm not mistaken, this top would be for '63 and older...plus he has the really cool doors to match! Should also be good for 25 hard top.

If I'm not mistaken, this top would be for '63 and older...plus he has the really cool doors to match! Should also be good for 25 hard top.

you are correct sir... :) ...older fj's either 25 or 40's with the high post door jams will use this top...a very select few rigs...all prior to 63...the really cool doors should fit any year...but the windows dont roll down they slide down :) ...and the wing window is the bug catcher style...very rare doors...if i remember those doors only came on 62? and earlyer...as far as i know they are this type of door i havent seen a pic yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom