Hard Top Hoist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick Q.

What is the latest direction on a hard top hoist (mounted, high ceiling garage)?
After reading all the threads it seems a lot of the favorite options are out of stock or no longer made.

I have a Jeep Rubicon (17) and the FJ40(72). Wondering if there is a decent Jeep hoist that works well for FJ.

Manual DIY hoist:

IMG_0571.JPG

I built my own using some unistrut and other hardware from home depot and an electric hoist from harbor freight mounted in my attic. It works really well.
I have attic space above the garage and I have been eyeing the HB hoists.

Do you have a pic or reference for what inspired the design? I just want to make sure I have a good idea of how it needs to operate (how many eye loops, where to run everything) before I try the custom route.

I made the unistrut into a “t” using unistrut hardware. I put 3 Rubbermaid hooks on the “t” attached with an eye bolt, one for the back of the hardtop and 2 for each side. Once I got it balanced correctly on the hoist hook it worked great. I only have one of the hooks on it in this pic as the others are being used for yard tools 😃
image.jpg

Right now the hoist is holding my confer rack that doesn’t fit.
image.jpg

I made the unistrut into a “t” using unistrut hardware. I put 3 Rubbermaid hooks on the “t” attached with an eye bolt, one for the back of the hardtop and 2 for each side. Once I got it balanced correctly on the hoist hook it worked great. I only have one of the hooks on it in this pic as the others are being used for yard tools 😃
View attachment 2964069
Right now the hoist is holding my confer rack that doesn’t fit.
View attachment 2964075

This is awesome. I can see how it all comes together. I even have those exact rubber hooks funny enough. Using them you don't have to wrap the unistruts in something some either.

I really appreciate it. I am going to attempt the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom