Hard Top assembly question, please help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, this is my first FJ40, I'm putting my Hard Top together, on the Front bow, I thought I would rivet the 2 outside holes, & position the top on the vehicle, then rivet the other holes to get proper position. is this wrong, & the bow has to be completly attached prior to seeting on the truck ?

Install the bow first........

Start riveting in the center and work your way out......

I'd use some sealer between the two.........

OK another question, why is someone in another post asking about "both bows", dang am i missing another part ? the one front bow is the only one I see on the parts breakdown,,,,,,,,

Hard Top & bow.... I would benefit from seeing some pic's of what you are working on.

Just one lip, or "bow", bolts to the windshield on the front, rivets to the fiberglass on top.

Just remember to put some sealer there and I also poured some fiberglass resin in the seam afterwards (with the top upside down) for extra assurance that rainwater won't come through.

OK another question, why is someone in another post asking about "both bows", dang am i missing another part ? the one front bow is the only one I see on the parts breakdown,,,,,,,,

there is an inner and an out bow. the inner(larger) bow ties your windshield frame to the hardtop
the out bow(smaller) screws to the inner bow and is fitted to meet the top of your door's window frame
at least that's how it looks to me without seeing how they actually go.

I could also benefit from some pics.....

oldcarguy if you're missing part of the set, pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom