Hard Impact Designs Rapid Release Rooftop Tent Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello mud buddies!

I am super excited to introduce the Rapid Release rooftop tent brackets I designed and have been using! The test set arrived a week early! Pics are below. This is the first of the production run which means that your Rapid Release Rooftop Tent Mounts will look just like these!

If you are like me you have to install and remove your RTT every time you use it because your rig will not fit in your garage with the tent on top. I got tired of bruised and scraped forearms from, and valuable HOURS lost, reaching into the space between the bottom of my RTT and the top edges of my rack securing bolts! I searched and searched for a solution that would allow me to easily mount and remove the RTT but I could not find anything that fit my Prospeed Roof Rack. So I decided to design my own solution! This has been a game-changer for me and I am confident it will be for you too.

The Hard Impact Designs Rapid Release Rooftop Tent Mount kit makes installing, and ESPECIALLY (after a long drive) removing, your RTT a daggone enjoyable experience! I tested the steel prototypes on my own rig throughout the summer. I spent an absolutely perfect week on the Outer Banks (Cape Lookout National Seashore). That trip involved a 16 hour, 1,000 mile round trip drive on US highways and the interstate. The second drive was to New Mexico. That journey required about 45 hours and 3000 miles on highways, dirt county roads and interstate coming and going. I spent significant time off-road testing the system. I drove normal highway speeds (between 55mph and 85mph) and took my normal lines off road and the Rapid Release Tent Mount held solid as expected.

I spent the past week setting the brackets, mounting my rooftop tent and driving! These are more solid than the prototypes! These are machined in 6061 anodized aluminum. They are lightweight and SOLID! After approximately 20 hours driving highway speeds over the course of the week I removed my tent and inspected the brackets and there was no movement, bowing or bending.

The kit consists of four bottom brackets for your roof rack, four brackets for the rails on the underside of your rooftop tent, four adapters for said rails, the hardware you need to install the brackets and four lock ball pins to secure your upper and lower brackets together. This will currently fit Prospeed and Prinsu roof racks and will mount 23Zero and Tuffstuff Overland roof top tents. I will verify the adapter fit for iKamper and James Baroud in the next couple of weeks so it will mount those roof top tents as well. The system costs $475 as seen or $500 with a lanyard attaching the pin to the top bracket. I will go into full production in the next few days and I will offer a group of 20 for sale and take in feedback before ordering more from my fabricator.

Check me out on Instagram @HardImpactDesigns. You can also email me at hardimpactdesigns@gmail.com.

I will be at Overland Expo East October 7th - 9th with the prototype and sample and, again, will be in full production by that point. If you are at Overland Expo stop by the Hard Impact Designs booth and check out the Rapid Release Rooftop Tent Mount system in person!
Patent pending

BB-IP1.jpg
BB-IP2.jpg
TB-IP3.jpg

FS-IP2.jpg
FS-IP5.jpg
FS-IP8.jpg

CB-IP1.jpg
CB-IP2.jpg
CB-IP6.jpg

Last edited:
It was great to meet you today. (03 4Runner) I’m looking forward to seeing the production parts.

It was great to meet you today. (03 4Runner) I’m looking forward to seeing the production parts.
The pleasure was all mine! I appreciate you taking the time to let me show you the bracket. I should have the first production sample the end of next week and once I verify the fit (hopefully there are not kinks) the first bunch will be ready mid-October. I will post updates and pics here and on IG @HardImpactDesigns

Last edited:
UPDATED POST! Check for the updated post and new pics of the Rapid Release Rooftop Tent Mount!

Good evening!
I had a few come in that went to product testers for use and review. I made a couple of changes and switched manufacturers to reduce cost. I am in production now and am looking at a late-December launch. I appreciate your patience and support and will update when the mounts are ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom