Happy wIth LEDs... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tachycardic

SILVER Star
Threads
My wife was tailing me when she told me that my brake lights didn’t work. Turns out that my turn signals were out as well. Didn’t do much research and made an impulsive buy on superbrightleds.com. Website was easy to navigate and I found what i needed quickly. Chinese-made LEDs, but I’m happy with the purchase. I would buy again.

01B53CE2-3C27-4EF7-AE5C-B08672C6A36F.jpeg

62AB7131-0389-4269-8AAC-102475AC6418.jpeg

I heard you need new turn signal flasher relay for a led signals cuz with stuck flasher it will blinking fast. BTW looks "sexy" waiting for photo of lamps!

Yes, you are correct. I used this: CF13GL-02 LED Bulb Electronic Flasher

Pulled out the old flasher module and plugged this one in. Worked like a charm!

You might want to check the functionality of the Cruise control.
After I installed LED tail lamps it would cancel CC when I used the turn signals when changing lanes. This might not be an issue for you depending on how you use the truck, but for me it was a deal breaker.
Went back to analog lights.

After I installed LED tail lamps it would cancel CC when I used the turn signals when changing lanes. This might not be an issue for you depending on how you use the truck, but for me it was a deal breaker.
You signal when you change lanes? You are definitely in the minority.

No issues here. CC and turn signal use are unaffected. They likely updated the module because the old one required the oem metal clip. This one does not and installs upside down.

I switched the flasher relay when I installed LED turn signals, brake lights, and front markers and don't have the cruise issue in my 94.

Reviving this thread to ask, where is the flasher relay located to swap out? I just replaced front turn signals with LEDs, and they are both hyperflashing now, though interestingly they flash at normal speed when used as hazard lights. So I guess two questions: (1) where is the turn signal flasher relay located, and (2) is there a separate relay for the hazards for some reason?

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've been having a hell of a time trying to find an answer to this question using the search function, and this thread makes it sound easy...

ETA: I got on superbrightleds.com, and their full rundown of all lights in a 96 LC says that the hazard flasher and turn signal flasher relays are the same, so I think that's the answer to (2), above. Now I just need to find out where to plug the thing in...

Last edited:
Thanks, JonHeld, much appreciated.

For posterity, and as an explainer for anyone looking for this information in the future... You have to remove the dead pedal (single bolt at the base, visible), and then pull the entire kick plate trim off the left side of the driver's side footwell, which goes all the way along the doorsill. It's easy, just get something under the plastic sill and carefully pull it up - I think there's three clips that will release. The FSM shows a bolt up front of that trim piece holding it in place, but that seems to have been lost to history in my rig. Removing the trim panel will allow you to see the "R/B No. 1" from the image posted above. It's oriented like that, so the flasher relay is all the way to the front of the car on the top. In mine, there are a whole bunch of bundled wires sitting in front of it which I'll have to move out of the way and get past to pull out the old relay and plug in the new one. I haven't done it yet, since I haven't received the new relay yet, but it seems pretty easy.

For another dumb question - any trick to pulling out the relay? It really just looks like a plug to me, so my first approach will be to simply pull on it.

Make like I did for all of my kids and just pull it out. Sometimes they’re tough but just takes some persistence.

Thanks for that.

I’d mused the idea of exterior LED’s & as a fellow signal-user, I never heard this before.

I mainly was just thinking the 1157 tail/brake bulbs & the reverse bulbs (pretty sure 1156’s - no reason they aren’t) - the brake/tails to match the center 3rd LED bar & the R bulbs for brighter light backing up / swingouts on RR bumper.

I’ll leave my turn signals alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom