Happy New Year !!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hope you did not have too many tragedies to deal w/ last night!
On call for the ER up there?
Nope just taking phone call for 2 Primary clinics and mostly Covid stuff. One lady from clinic other than mine did want me just to call in order for Xray for her elbow since she fell in parking lot, my answer was....uh no.

I worked way too many Holidays as a Medic. Hopefully this is my last one in this career where I'm chained to a phone...

Sounds like an awesome project to document!
1965 FJ55? I think that sounds like a stretch. I heard that some of the '68 Pigs may have been manufactured in '67, but '65 sounds pretty early to me.

i know i saw the 1965 video and was like what WTF ? 🤔

however it DID have a SD-40 1BBL carb , that should not be there i don't think ?

maybe im wrong and will , we all will find out when the GREAT 68 / 80 Debate begins soon :D

but the whole 68 and 80 topic especially as a USA Spec. Import here on USA soil from day 1 Directly FROM Plant A-11 to the Warfs at Long Beach

will be a AWE Shocking moment here on the 55 series forum , and i have a boat load of supporting documentation in my personal paper print media on hand archives

ready to post and share alike ....

will indeed be a wicked killer kool project to begin in the tech section here soon .....

That sounds like quite the life event!

Scary as crap, actually.

I've scrimped and saved my entire life for this day. Literally spent as many years UNDER the poverty line as ABOVE it.

Hard to believe that I would ever reach "critical mass".

The next two years will be fairly lean, but after that, other funding streams will kick in, like my Army Reserve retirement. Look forward to time to enjoy the better things in life, starting with my second grandchild coming next June.

Watched the fire in Boulder Co from the safety of the couch in Austin. Touched base with the kid, TJ and neighbors in CO, but the evac zone never got within 10 miles of the house there.

Pretty sure that it wasn’t downed power lines. A “religious organization” (cult) named “12 Tribes” may have been burning weeds the day before. Winds came up (105-115 mph gust at pine point), burned their shed/barn and things took off from there.

Location of the burning shed/barn circled in the attached image.

Boulder OEM map also has that spot as “approximate incident location.” Boulder Co Sheriff Pelle said they executed a search warrant and some video sourced off Twitter of the burning shed/barn is part of the investigation in the 2pm update today.

The official count is that 553 homes were destroyed in the town of Louisville, 332 homes were destroyed in Superior and another 106 homes were destroyed in an unincorpoated area outside Boulder, 127 more homes are “damaged”. There are three people unaccounted for, and the Sheriff believes those are likely to result in people who died in the fire.

Over 30,000 people have evacuated the area since Thursday.

D5387C7A-C57F-4492-A21E-8DED4C9D770A.jpeg

i know i saw the 1965 video and was like what WTF ? 🤔

however it DID have a SD-40 1BBL carb , that should not be there i don't think ?

maybe im wrong and will , we all will find out when the GREAT 68 / 80 Debate begins soon :D

but the whole 68 and 80 topic especially as a USA Spec. Import here on USA soil from day 1 Directly FROM Plant A-11 to the Warfs at Long Beach

will be a AWE Shocking moment here on the 55 series forum , and i have a boat load of supporting documentation in my personal paper print media on hand archives

ready to post and share alike ....

will indeed be a wicked killer kool project to begin in the tech section here soon .....
That was my 68 pig I sold in 2018. I’ve never seen that listing you shared of it. I sold it to the owner of a Toyota dealership in California and he immediately had all the body work done and repainted it. Here’s a pic of the title, a true 1968
5FA0A6A5-BCFC-4510-89DA-F6BCC6435D49.jpeg
6D25A3B5-563B-47A3-B72F-954C89083FE8.jpeg
CD8FFA2A-92B0-4724-B5E5-2C4A6F25D765.jpeg

That was my 68 pig I sold in 2018. I’ve never seen that listing you shared of it. I sold it to the owner of a Toyota dealership in California and he immediately had all the body work done and repainted it. Here’s a pic of the title, a true 1968View attachment 2881623View attachment 2881624View attachment 2881625

thanks for sharing this unique story and tech :)

there are more lone wolf's and 68 and 80 USA spec unicorns out there and i plan on finding as many as i can and documenting here in the MUD Archives for rest of Teq

Time and Space to refer to and enjoy the passion i have personally for the Land Cruiser FJ55 .........:beer::beer:

thanks for sharing this unique story and tech :)

there are more lone wolf's and 68 and 80 USA spec unicorns out there and i plan on finding as many as i can and documenting here in the MUD Archives for rest of Teq

Time and Space to refer to and enjoy the passion i have personally for the Land Cruiser FJ55 .........:beer::beer:
Yes sir! Keep up the good work! I think I touch a little more on how I got it in my thread Luck of the pig

Balmy morning here in the Valley. Took the dog for a hike and donut run in the pig. Good start to the new year.

View attachment 2881018
It is a balmy -4 F here this morning. Last night it said -10 when I went to bed. That is a little unseasonable for these parts. The dogs would like their walk, but I think we will wait for a little while.
Supposed to be sunny today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom