Happy New Year !!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Woo-Hoo, Happy New Year everyone!

2021 went out with a bang around here - we had some high winds Thursday that may have knocked down power lines and started some fires down in the Boulder area. Fast forward and it sounds like over 600 homes burned, a shopping center burned, a hotel burned. Really unbelievable. This is not a wildfire, this was in a suburban area. My friend who lives closer to the area said the wind collapsed the roof on the Discount Tire, and the fires took out the Costco and grocery store near him. Eek!

The Masters team the next town over from me had the entire pool from 11:30 to 2, so we got 2.5 hours of swimming on 1:30s. Whatever you wanted to swim on a 1:30, just get in that lane and knock yourself out! It reminded me of when my boy watches Red Zone and they start out saying, "And now - 7 hours of commercial free football!". I got 2.5 hours of commercial free swimming. Once we leave the lake and head back into the pool it is tough to get lane space for more than 1.5 hours, so this was a treat. The pool was a little warmer than the one I usually swim in, so I think we go dehydrated. My lane lost a few people to cramps.

When I got out of the pool it had been snowing, enough to stick to the ground. I told the wife I would stop at the store on my way home from swimming, but the list she texted me was not going to equal a "wham, bam, thank you Ma'am" at the store. By the time I finished at the store it was snowing and blowing, low visibility, 20 MPH drive home. I got home and summoned the boy to unload groceries and shovel snow, but he had hurt his hand playing football in the snow, so the snow removal from the driveway fell on me.

Then the dogs wanted to go for their walk! Then dinner, movie, and bed. Did not make it to midnight, did not mind!

Well, since we already went out for dinner with drinks and home at 4 PM, might as well get on my jammies for the night. :) I love being old and not giving a .....

Happy New Year everyone, let's make it a better one.
In by 4, that's the way you do it!
Good job Ron!

Happy New Year!! On call until Monday, wife and daughter in Oklahoma so gonna work on cruisers, watch football and play on Mud!! Basically the same thing every year and in bed before the new year!

Don't miss those party till ya puke days!!
I hope you did not have too many tragedies to deal w/ last night!
On call for the ER up there?

Still dont understand why my Neighbor was looking at me Funny??? LOOSE NUTS 😯😳🤔😜🤪🐷🤣😘🤣🤣🥒🐖. Wheres me pants 🤔🤣
Ha ha, I was trudging through the store in shorts, deck coat/parka and sandals from swimming. I got a few funny looks since it was snowing outside.

in 2022 i plan to explore the major differences between a 1968 FJ55 and a 1980 FJ55 ..... :)

Sounds like an awesome project to document!
1965 FJ55? I think that sounds like a stretch. I heard that some of the '68 Pigs may have been manufactured in '67, but '65 sounds pretty early to me.

It will be good to have you back in the States!
Thanks. It's time. I have lived and worked outside the US 3 times in my career, 1.5 years in Germany, 7 years in the UK and it will be 4 total in Saudi by the time we move back. I think my wife and I have moved 16 times although some of those were to different houses in the same area. We moved in to the house we bought in Auburn last summer but still have at least a 20' container of furniture and household goods to move back from Riyadh, plus a 40' for the two Land Cruisers.

2021 went out with a bang around here - we had some high winds Thursday that may have knocked down power lines and started some fires down in the Boulder area. Fast forward and it sounds like over 600 homes burned, a shopping center burned, a hotel burned. Really unbelievable. This is not a wildfire, this was in a suburban area. My friend who lives closer to the area said the wind collapsed the roof on the Discount Tire, and the fires took out the Costco and grocery store near him. Eek!
Holy s#!t! That is insanity!

You’re gonna fill up those cruisers with parts, right?
Trust me; both vehicles would be full if I put all the parts I have bought in them. Parts will all be boxed and shipped in one container or the other.

Holy s#!t! That is insanity!
It does. It seems surreal. The scary thing is that the winds moved the fire into neighborhoods so fast, people had very little time to do anything but get out.
One guy said he looked out the window, saw some smoke, went outside and saw the house 2 doors down on fire. All he had time to do was get in the car and leave.

Balmy morning here in the Valley. Took the dog for a hike and donut run in the pig. Good start to the new year.

2223589A-A00E-46EB-ABC7-3CF1A9C75312.jpeg

This was 2 days ago but will share just to offset the beautiful summer day photo above ...I know others have the same!

B65A1BF4-2DAE-46D5-B811-43A64D35285A.jpeg
EB1BC797-9968-4BFA-B620-3750F95C442D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom