Hand throttle question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fireball

SILVER Star
Threads
Greetings all,

I have a quick question regarding the hand throttle on my BJ74. As it currently stands, it takes a few revs of the dial before "engaging" or doing anything. I'd like to adjust the cable if possible so that as soon as I start to rotate the knob that it engages/raises the RPM. Is this possible?

It would be nice to have a bit more quick and precise control over the throttle.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I can't help you, but I have wondered about this also.
Mine seems to loosen itself via vibrations.

Can you not just rotate it until it starts to raise the rpms and leave it there? Then when you need to idle-up it's ready to go.

I haven't looked at it that closely, but is it just attached to the top of the accelerator pedal and when you rotate it (ccw) you're pulling on the top of the pedal arm, (above the pedal pivot point) effectively pushing down on the pedal? Is there an adjustment on the end that attaches to the the pedal?

Maybe you can adjust the cable-housing, similar to a bicycle brake/shifter cable?

Hand Throttle.PNG

Helps if you press the skinny pedal to where you want your rpms and then set it, either by turning knob or push, pull and lock.
Do not over screw in either direction, just a nice light touch will keep your hand throttle lasting for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom