HAM test success (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I passed my Tech HAM radio test, today. But, will have to wait for my license because of the government shut down. FCC is not at work. Local club said FCC will not be able to renew any HAM licenses , right now, but operators can continue to use their radios. Once they are back on the job, the FCC will issue new licenses and renews also.

:clap:

As many are about to tell you … told ya it was no problem. Nice job Jeff. Welcome to the geek club. Now about that license number. I propose KJ5KAT.

Yay! COngrats! If they can't issue, they can't enforce!

Gotta work on mine.

I like KJ5KAT. I have to go to FCC site and see how I can get that.

I like KJ5KAT. I have to go to FCC site and see how I can get that.
I don't remember what I had to do. It wasn't hard.

You need to search the database to see if it's available. Sorry bud, KJ5RKAT is not. Looks like the standard issues are now up to KJ5??? KK5 and up is available. And just so you know, yes, we are in "region 5" but with a vanity you don't need to use it. KX4KAT is available. Get creative.

FCC License Data Search

Thanks. I will get something catchy. Glad to have the testing off my plate.

Great job! HAM is the way to go.

Awesome Jeff!

Been looking into it. The boy and I will try to test next month.

Congrats Jeff! You'll need a pocket protector now

I am a Geek in need of a pocket protector. What has this club done to me?
I now know "What the component 6 in figure T2 " is.. or "What is the approximate length, in inches, of a half-wavelength 6 meter dipole antenna " ...... and I don't even know what to do with this information..
the answer is Capacitor, and 112.
I am available for kids birthday parties and traveling carnivals .......:confused: :D

yes you do! once you use ham, you will never look back to CB. I now use it hunting (WAY better than FRS abd CB) as well as wheeling.

Finally got my HAM tech License. Took longer than usual, as someone misspelled my name on some form , along the way . This took some work to get the FCC to correct that and then more work to receive a corrected official copy. Thanks to the High Desert Ham Radio Club members and the ARRL representative who used their expertise to make this happen. I became lost in the FCC website, and could not find the procedure to correct this by myself.
Any way, KI5DAE , Jeff Boggs, is on the air.

Finally got my HAM tech License. Took longer than usual, as someone misspelled my name on some form , along the way . This took some work to get the FCC to correct that and then more work to receive a corrected official copy. Thanks to the High Desert Ham Radio Club members and the ARRL representative who used their expertise to make this happen. I became lost in the FCC website, and could not find the procedure to correct this by myself.
Any way, KI5DAE , Jeff Boggs, is on the air.

Congrats dude. Now, see if you can convince Leon to do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom