H42 snap ring source needed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like it says. Didn't find anything current in a search. My H42 is all apart with a rebuild kit ready, but I don't like the condition of the snap rings. I can ID part numbers by thickness but I don't want to wait for slow boat from Japan. Will call the local dealer Monday. Was thinking maybe Cruiser Bros.... any suggestions who else might stock these? Thanks, Bob.

Maybe stop by at some tranny/PTO/engine rebuilding shops in your area. Good shops will have a selection of snap rings on their shelf. Have your snap ring in your pocket. Try to match it up there. If they don't have it, they can probably let you know where to get one locally.

Thanks for the idea. Farmington's not very big but I think we do have one shop that does trans.

Believe it or not, Toyota dealer can still get these. Mic'ed mine, x-ref'ed the thicknesses with online specs from Toyota, and new ones should be here in a week (there are multiples thicknesses and differing years)..

I discovered the c-clip at the front of the input mainshaft was rigged by the PO with non-EOM (brand/make?) and totally too thick. The one at the rear of the countershaft was also questionable to origin. These new ones will show up at the dealer end of week. Online ordering said SEPT-OCT!

Add the replacement detent springs (which Toyota didn't have but SOR does - go figure) and all is good to finish the H42 rebuild. Everything else looks good, even the sychros.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom