GX470 Horn Circuit Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was able to find the 10A Fuse for the horn in the engine fuse block, I then searched all over the vehicle and could not find a relay. All of my searches on here and elsewhere online provided no information. Does the Gx470 use a horn relay? If so, where would it be. Does anyone have a diagram of the horn circuit?

From what I can gleen from my 2005 wiring manual, it looks like it is located on, but behind the drivers side lower finish panel. So the back side of the fuse panel located at the drivers left knee. I looked at my 05 and it looks like you'll have to do some digging to get to it.

Depending on where you live in GA you can come see my lift and ask questions! :p

I guess the qustion that bothers me most is, How does this effect the electronics? Obviously you are disabling the rear airspring ride height and the ride control, What alerts do you get on the dash? Does it throw any ECU into a tizzy?
I've done a Fox/Total Chaos on a Tacoma the front is almost identical with rear leafs but no electronics at all.
DanKunz we live opposite sides of the Beast, I'm in Conyers.
I just purchased this 05 GX470 with 58,000 miles a few weeks ago and I want use it to pull an offroad teardrop or similar and discover the US, so it will see a lot of highway and a little overland.

If you pull the right relays and fuses there are no errors or problems

Most supply the info. I also happen to know and can install it for free ;)

Our 124 is solid as it has 49k km original :)

As DanKunz said, just pull the correct fuses and relays to disable the factory suspension components. Then do a zero point calibration on the steering angle for the VSC.

how does someone access the back side of the fuse panel where the horn relay is located?

to answer my own question, I just did it by feel and used patient finger strength to extract the relay. the relay is the same as at least one under the hood, so if you need to test them, you can just swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom