GX470 frame to FJ60/62 body swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m not a big fan of the 80 steering box so I got a gu Nissan patrol one grafted on to my chassis they are heaps stronger rarely ever leak and are a lot cheaper to replace then the Toyota box

I’m not a big fan of the 80 steering box so I got a gu Nissan patrol one grafted on to my chassis they are heaps stronger rarely ever leak and are a lot cheaper to replace then the Toyota box

Man, that's great to hear. Where did you source the Patrol box?

The aftermarket is full of power steering conversion and universal power steering boxes. Borgenson for example. That said, a good Toyota box with good TRE’s and a decent alignment doesn’t leave much room for improvement.

Reviving an old thread. Like you, I had a built GX470 and a FJ60 - seemed to be the perfect match for me. I asked three top builders the same question. All three of them declined the job for various reasons but primarily because of the wiring. However, a cruiser buddy of mine was over yesterday and we were literally discussing this same topic. A local guy swapped a GX engine/tranny/xfer into a 40. Not sure of the rest of the details but I can get the guys contact info - he's a cruiser builder, fabricator, rest shop owner out of Lafayette, Louisiana.
Do you have his contact info? I’m an hour away with a fj60 w/ a 2H diesel swap done 6 years ago.

The aftermarket is full of power steering conversion and universal power steering boxes. Borgenson for example. That said, a good Toyota box with good TRE’s and a decent alignment doesn’t leave much room for improvement.
I agree. My 62 with stock box, freshened up front end with 555 tre's has very tight steering, no play, tracks great and is a joy to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom