GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome to the forum and congrat's on your ride! :cheers:
Nice looking Montero! I've always lamented that there wasn't a better following of them compared to Toyota products. They were pretty cool.
Sourcing aftermarket parts from Australia can also be a pain. Although, it was hell of a bargain when I bought the vehicle 8 years ago.

Just picked up a 21 GX460 this past weekend. Nothing major planned, set of 57DRXs w/ some decent ATs and a 1-2" lift sometime down the road.

Red interior w/ captain's chairs which is exactly what we were looking for.

Mostly a road trip and wife car around town for the most part.

Love it so far!

IMG_0443.jpeg

Just picked up a 21 GX460 this past weekend. Nothing major planned, set of 57DRXs w/ some decent ATs and a 1-2" lift sometime down the road.

Red interior w/ captain's chairs which is exactly what we were looking for.

Mostly a road trip and wife car around town for the most part.

Love it so far!

View attachment 3616766
Congrats and welcome to the forum! :cheers:
Adding a little larger tire with a taller side wall will:
  1. Give it a little more aggressive look.
  2. Provide a smoother ride from the extra flex of the taller side wall.
  3. Plus, when stock and you're the one driving it, do you want to look like you're just coming back from a violin lesson with your kid? :D

If you don't plan on doing a lot of trails but want the occasional capability I would highly recommend Yoko A/T G015s or Bridgestone Revo 3s. I don't do anything gnarly but I have impressed more than a few rednecks on side by sides and do mostly dried out soil based farm roads which are super forgiving. I finally got to check torrential rain off the lost with the storms we got today.

The ride quality on my E Load Range Revos is quite good and they are only 50 lb for a mid width 33 (285/70r17)

Installed the drKDSS harness and switch today. Turned into a longer project than anticipated when my battery died 🤣 disconnected it all in case I did something dumb and dealt with battery. Seems to all be fine.

I did not like the relays on the brake pedal bracket. The bracket tapers significantly so difficult to seat it with zip ties securely and they end up resting on moving piece. Moved relays up higher to a thinner bracket with holes and no interference.

T-tapping into the trac wiring seems pointless. Kind of a PITA and the illumination is redundant bc of the dash light.

I found the fuse tap length to be a bit shorter than I'd have but it myself, while most everything else was very long.

Don't notice all that much a difference in my short testing, except slower more articulated stretches.

20240427_141802.jpg

Works like a champ for some of the dirt and gravel surfaces I drive on. It's definitely not for everyone and the system can take a few to disconnect because I think it needs to hit a neutral position before it will allow it to do whatever it does.

Works like a champ for some of the dirt and gravel surfaces I drive on. It's definitely not for everyone and the system can take a few to disconnect because I think it needs to hit a neutral position before it will allow it to do whatever it does.
Interested in trying it more! I did ~10min on dirt from smooth to washboards of various sizes to some mega washed out sections to "crawl" through.

Definitely took a bit to engage/disengage when 40+mph or as you said not in a neutral position.

Congrats and welcome to the forum! :cheers:
Adding a little larger tire with a taller side wall will:
  1. Give it a little more aggressive look.
  2. Provide a smoother ride from the extra flex of the taller side wall.
  3. Plus, when stock and you're the one driving it, do you want to look like you're just coming back from a violin lesson with your kid? :D

Fa sho. We went through this same routine when she had a 4R ORP; night and day difference from stock to aftermarket w/ ATs.

Was looking at 265/65-17 or 265/70-17 if I can get away with a 31.7" tire with no lift/rubbing. Don't mind a bit of trimming but definitely want to keep the fender liners and not cut the bumper or anything. Wheel size probably a 17x8.5 -0 or -6. Had some good luck w/ Nitto Ridge Grapplers in the past but we don't wheel or anything fun, just occasional camping trips in fairly boring conditions. Just keeping it honest here. ;)

Rubbing is dependent on your current alignment and offset. The smaller your scrub radius the bigger the tire you can run. I run 33s on oem 17" steelies.

Picked up a new GX in December to be a combination family hauler and off-road platform. First stage of the build is complete with 2-3" Dobinson's suspension lift, KMC Technic 17" wheels, Falken Wildpeak AT3/W 285/70r17s, Apache Offroad UCAs, Sherpa rack, and RSG sliders. Also had to do a BMC to clear the tires. Work was all done by TEQ Customs in Raleigh, NC who are awesome.

View attachment 3571914View attachment 3571912
View attachment 3571913

I'm wrapping up my ARB twin compressor install, Switchpros, and SDoffroadMT mount tray tomorrow unless something goes horribly wrong.

Super happy with the current state. Phase 2 will be bumpers and winch. I'm doing CBI up front and I splurged and ordered the Dissent modular rear. I'll add some new photos when those show up in a few months and get installed.

View attachment 3571911
Truck looks great and I love the dissent products. I will be curious to see your thoughts on how the truck handles with the new rear decor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom