GX 550h Info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody heard anything on details for the GX 550 hybrid in North America?

Wondering:
- release timing
- prob the same setup as the 250, but what transmission?
- same power/tuning as the 250?
- will we see a hybrid Overtrail?
- higher or lower priced than the TTV6?

GX is gonna get the Hybrid twin scroll 5.7 from the 200.......so add two turbos and two inline electric motors off the front and rear of the tcase 750hp and 1000ftlbs tq......and 10.5" trundra axles front and rear. Unfortunately- its getting a name change to the GR RAV4 Heritage edition.

Last edited:
GX is gonna get the Hybrid twin scroll 5.7 from the 200.......so add two turbos and two inline electric motors off the front and rear of the tcase 750hp and 1000ftlbs tq......and 10.5" trundra axles front and rear. Unfortunately- its getting a name change to the GR RAV4 Heritage edition.
I mean..... I'd drive it.

But it'd be BOF - the RAV4 purists are gonna have a field day with a large, non-efficient RAV4 with too many cupholders. They'd deem it not worthy of the RAV4 name.

What's crazy is, I want the GX550 Over trail + but dealerships are trying to extort 10K above MSRP. I live in North Jersey and my dealership that I purchased my LX570 is playing games with me. Lexus of Allentown PA is great No overcharging above MSRP at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom