GX 470 Manifold Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a 2004 GX470 that has the infamous exhaust manifold tick and just recently started throwing P0420 and P0430 codes. Long story short, I have decided to replace the manifold converters with units from Eastern Catalytic.

I am not a novice wrencher by any means. I have done timing belts, valve cover gaskets, intakes, suspension upgrades, etc.

I am curious if anyone has replaced the manifold/cats on their 120 series, and if so, what are some of the gotchas to look out for?

This GX was my wife's daily driver until a couple of weeks ago when we got her a 2015 GX460 so I do have the liberty of pulling it into the garage and working on it as I feel like it. Just yesterday I soaked all of the flange bolts with PB Blaster and will do so again before I start removing anything.... currently planning to start the job this weekend.

Should be fun!

I’m afraid I’ve got nothing to add here except that my drivers side manifold recently started leaking, so I too would love some tips on replacement. Thanks to anyone who has some advice!

I am still trying to determine if mine need to be replaced or not. If so, I plan to use the DT headers and build an exhaust that is tucked up inside the frame rails to improve clearance.

Broken studs. Buy new studs before you start. Get all 16 just in case. That is your biggest risk.

Other than that, I suggest finding someone with very small, strong hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom