GX 460: Where's the 110 AC Inverter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

r2m

Richard
Threads
I've looked high and low on Google and Mud and I can't find where the inverter is on the GX 460.
So my questions (for those who have the Premium option) are:
  1. Where is the inverter hidden? Is it under the hood or seat, maybe in a rear quarter panel?
  2. Can it be upgraded?
  3. How much room is there for a larger inverter?
Anybody looked into this before?

Seems like it's mounted in the rear quarter panel, right side. I haven't seen it personally but the diagrams imply its there. Pull the plastic on the right side and see if you can find it.

Upgrading would be tricky unless you can determine the size of the power wire feeding the stock unit. You'll need to upgrade that wiring if you intend to significantly increase the wattage.

I've looked high and low on Google and Mud and I can't find where the inverter is on the GX 460.
So my questions (for those who have the Premium option) are:
  1. Where is the inverter hidden? Is it under the hood or seat, maybe in a rear quarter panel?
  2. Can it be upgraded?
  3. How much room is there for a larger inverter?
Anybody looked into this before?

Here it is, it has a plastic cover. Fridge is my first mod at mile 165.
5C7BAF2B-301E-4668-83F7-6955BF0B8015.jpeg

Can you upgrade it? NO!

Can you put in a bigger inverter? Yes but you will need to run appropriate sized wire straight from the battery. With that you probably need a second battery setup, which I eventually will do because the inverter will be off once the car is turned off.

Is that cargo net a factory piece or?

That's just the plug, not the actual inverter.

That's just the plug, not the actual inverter.

Ah got it, although I would high recommend against messing with it.

Run heavier cable from the battery to match/support the bigger inverter with proper fuse and ground. You don’t want fire due to under sized cable. For reference in my 80 I have 2 gauge 100% oxygen free Marine grade cable from my secondary battery to rear quarter panel for my 1500w inverter and compressor(won’t run at the same time), 150amp breaker and upgraded ground to the battery from chassis. You can also run same gauge cable back but that’s troublesome.

Don’t use factory cables for anything but factory power level, fire is a real danger in modified vehicles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom