Gull Wing Windows - Are they worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

prwillard2

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking to replace the OEM windows I've got on my Troopy. Is it worth it to replace them with any Gull Wing windows? Long term plan is to make this vehicle a tourer with an alu-cab top. Don't think I'd make the middle windows the aluminum as I cannot check my blind spot, but the back two on the side seem like it would be a smart long term play to have access via a gull wing.

Thoughts from those you haven't or have installed them?

I think the big benefit is being able to access the interior easily without having to deal with the rear end - swing out, spare tire, doors - maybe a kitchen that's all opened up and splattering grease everywhere. Being able to just reach inside and grab that thing you need might be worth the money. To me this is a solution in search of a problem, but everyone has a different scenario and different wallet thickness. I won't be installing them, I can't think of enough use cases.

I think the big benefit is being able to access the interior easily without having to deal with the rear end - swing out, spare tire, doors - maybe a kitchen that's all opened up and splattering grease everywhere. Being able to just reach inside and grab that thing you need might be worth the money. To me this is a solution in search of a problem, but everyone has a different scenario and different wallet thickness. I won't be installing them, I can't think of enough use cases.
I have a rear bumper with dual swing outs still to install, that's a good point about access.

I keep looking at replacing mine because they truly are useless, and even after tightening the hinge they keep sinking and rubbing on the body

So useless. Definitely happy I went glass on the LHS wing. Still have good visibility out that window.

Plenty. None about the gull wings though.
Do you like the front runner windows? Anything you don't like or would have picked another brand for? I see a lot on the emu wings but not much on the front runners. The exposed D? Pillar is a little off putting to me, but some black vinyl would probably tide me over. I've only seen one company who makes one that covers the curve but they don't offer glass.

Do you like the front runner windows? Anything you don't like or would have picked another brand for? I see a lot on the emu wings but not much on the front runners. The exposed D? Pillar is a little off putting to me, but some black vinyl would probably tide me over. I've only seen one company who makes one that covers the curve but they don't offer glass.
Have you looked at explore glazing?

I do. Been a fan of FRO for their support and product for years. Even post Dometic acquisition. Currently Have a new set of their drawers sitting in my garage. The first set was lightly damaged by the shipper. Asked them if I could just get a can of their touch-up "powder coat" paint sent out. They instead sent me a new set of drawers the next day. Waiting on a return label for the damaged ones. Love that level of customer service.

Agree on the lack of wing wrap that exposes that pillar. My rig is already black so it's not even really noticeable. All blends especially from 10 feet out.

Sorry. Messing up your troopy thread. Have more pictures I can DM if you want. LMK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom