GSMTR 2019 registration is open! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It says on the registration page that a campsite is included with the registration. Do you know if I need to do anything else. Am I guaranteed a place to pitch a tent? Tried to get a slee bumper and winch for this trip. Winch is sitting in my shop. Bumper has 2 month back log :(

GSMTR registration comes with free primitive camping. Last year we started getting a cabin for a few extra $$ because AC is nice, real showers are nice, and the cabin is flipping awesome.

Extra cost was ~$150 last year IIRC.

Yeah, there's plenty of tent camping space available and that comes with your registration. I did that for the first 17 years I went to GSMTR and it was cool. Last year I was in the cabin and it was definitely the right choice.

@forrest5000 - If things get tight over there, it looks like we'll have extra room.

Yeah, there's plenty of tent camping space available and that comes with your registration. I did that for the first 17 years I went to GSMTR and it was cool. Last year I was in the cabin and it was definitely the right choice.

@forrest5000 - If things get tight over there, it looks like we'll have extra room.
Thanks!

I'm going, probably with Zorro dog boys weekend off.

Right now it's just Allen and I in the cabin. Is anyone else interested in getting a spot in the cabin?

Well, we have a big spoon and a little spoon, but we don't have a spork. You could be that spork.

This is the rub. Cabin costs something like $1300 for the week. It becomes cheaper when we fill the cabin with 5 or 6 people, and split the cost up. If we can't get 4 or 5 guys to confirm staying in the cabin, I'll let the reservation go.

Right now it's Allen and I. @AJR or @BillWright do you want a slot in the cabin? Anyone else?

Won't be the first time, but I will miss the hell outta the cabin. Maybe next year we can get a crew back together!

So now I will work on a portable shower. Unscented baby wipes it is! The info says no dogs but to be honest, Rufus is family and not a dog. If he promises to behave (until the third day) would the event organizers give me grief? I plan on showing my true colors by day four if that matters.....

So now I will work on a portable shower. Unscented baby wipes it is! The info says no dogs but to be honest, Rufus is family and not a dog. If he promises to behave (until the third day) would the event organizers give me grief? I plan on showing my true colors by day four if that matters.....
Rufus will be fine. There is a large bath house that has quite a few showers in it.

Are we all meeting up on I40 somewhere so we can all travel together? I was thinking somewhere near hickory or Statesville. GLTHFJ60, what time do you plan to leave Durham?

Usually, Sierra Nevada.

Are we all meeting up on I40 somewhere so we can all travel together? I was thinking somewhere near hickory or Statesville. GLTHFJ60, what time do you plan to leave Durham?

Usually try to leave by 7 or 8am. We meet up with the upstate and Charlotte guys at Sierra Nevada in Asheville for lunch on the way out.

Allen and I meet up and roll out. We'll probably need a piss break around Statesville, if not before. Is there a place with CAT scales near there, a pilot or loves truck stop?

Usually try to leave by 7 or 8am. We meet up with the upstate and Charlotte guys at Sierra Nevada in Asheville for lunch on the way out.

Allen and I meet up and roll out. We'll probably need a piss break around Statesville, if not before. Is there a place with CAT scales near there, a pilot or loves truck stop?
I think there’s scales at the pilot or ta in mebane off I40.

Tomorrow I am going to find out if I can make it to this event.
I talked to Johny and he says he is headed out on Wednesday. I don’t know if I can go Wednesday but still would like to make the event.
Of course, I still have to figure out if I can register at the event but I need to find out if i can go first.

I really want to go. It would be my first GSMTR.
will update tomorrow

I think there’s scales at the pilot or ta in mebane off I40.

There are, and that's the one we usually stop at. If we're skipping that stop, and meeting up with Kurt near statesville, then I'd be looking for CAT scales out that way.

BTW, when are you leaving? Want to caravan with Allen and I?

Tomorrow I am going to find out if I can make it to this event.
I talked to Johny and he says he is headed out on Wednesday. I don’t know if I can go Wednesday but still would like to make the event.
Of course, I still have to figure out if I can register at the event but I need to find out if i can go first.

I really want to go. It would be my first GSMTR.
will update tomorrow

!!!!!!!!

There are, and that's the one we usually stop at. If we're skipping that stop, and meeting up with Kurt near statesville, then I'd be looking for CAT scales out that way.

BTW, when are you leaving? Want to caravan with Allen and I?

!!!!!!!!
I’m not quite sure yet, I was actually thinking of heading out Tuesday night and still meeting up at Sierra Nevada on wed. That all depends on where I’m at with my 80, I might still be working on it Tuesday night. Right now every bit of the power steering system is off, and every coolant line, hose, valve etc is off, and I’m in the middle of building of sliders. Oh yeah and I’m taking out the evaporator recharging ac, building a spare tire swing out, and putting arp knuckle studs in. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom