GSMTR 2019 registration is open! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m not quite sure yet, I was actually thinking of heading out Tuesday night and still meeting up at Sierra Nevada on wed. That all depends on where I’m at with my 80, I might still be working on it Tuesday night. Right now every bit of the power steering system is off, and every coolant line, hose, valve etc is off, and I’m in the middle of building of sliders. Oh yeah and I’m taking out the evaporator recharging ac, building a spare tire swing out, and putting arp knuckle studs in. :)

:lol: Sounds like my plan. Build my sleeping quarters from essentially scratch, somehow get it onto the tow rig, then build a full skid for moonshine. Should be easy, right?

Someone just drop off a case of beer at johnnys house and he’ll get it done :beer:

Johny
You planning on driving moonshine to the event or pulling it on ur trailer?

I will be camping. I haven't registered is there a need at this late date?
I am ready to go whenever this crowd is flocking, looks like the UC guys will be cabin class>
so I need a rough idea of when to get there. if there will be an advance guard vanguard scout team dispatched I could probably just go to Windrock but it is also nice to have company on the journey. I have no need for a stopover at Sierra Nevada at the AVL airport but I would if that's what befalls. Zorro makes it a PITA but we can manage.
Thoughts? Concerns? Comments?

I plan on traveling to the GSMTR on Sunday. I need to get away from my desk and computer before I explode. Is anyone planning to travel out on Sunday? I'd be willing to travel on Monday also but Wed doesn't work for me. I need more time away from my desk. I live in URE so let me know if you are leaving on Sunday and we can travel together.

Kurt

@neslrac

Traveling from Roanoke Sunday, departing by 3PM and stopping off in Knoxville for dinner that evening. I am guessing we can camp at WindRock Sunday night? Sounds like a bunch of guys are departing Wednesday and will already be there.

Travis.

@neslrac

Traveling from Roanoke Sunday, departing by 3PM and stopping off in Knoxville for dinner that evening. I am guessing we can camp at WindRock Sunday night? Sounds like a bunch of guys are departing Wednesday and will already be there.

Travis.

Yes, the event starts sunday. Campground will be open to all registrants at that time.

So will I be able to park my tow rig and trailer in the same spot as where I camp? I know some parks have tow rig and trailer parking separate from the camp sites.

I plan on traveling to the GSMTR on Sunday. I need to get away from my desk and computer before I explode. Is anyone planning to travel out on Sunday? I'd be willing to travel on Monday also but Wed doesn't work for me. I need more time away from my desk. I live in URE so let me know if you are leaving on Sunday and we can travel together.

Kurt
I'm getting squirrelly myself. I will probably head up there soon, maybe even tomorrow. I'll look for you, are you taking the mustang of the lexus? I keed.
BW

Taj-Ma-Tent set up. Bourbon at the ready. Met Jamie and Andy in the family camp area. Set up furthest from family camp. Bull frogs are keeping us all company.

Tires kicked, camping gear roused out, est ETD tomorrow mid-morning for a noonish ETA at Windrock.
Will be looking to be on the frontier of the settlement, large unruly coachdog will be alongside.

Travis and Bill, is there room near you for three tow rigs, trailers, and wheeling rigs? Allen and I will be in tomorrow afternoon, del coming Thursday am. @AJR is think is also coming.

It may be tight but I can park behind my tent. We are close to the pavilion.

This place rocks, what an awesome trip. I’ll post more pics later. I got home a few minutes ago and I’m ready to go back.
DB0EEDB2-C3B3-4895-88AC-3C2FD36BF566.jpeg

Good rally. Well done whoever done it.

Looks intense. What are recommended mods and tire size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom